Limits of a .615 akra carb

racerdad

Been bench racing with some track friends since we have nothing else to do. Just wondering if it's possible to have the legal carb on a 212 or even a 224 if the rpms were kept at a reasonable level. With these motors, could you throw in a cl3 cam and 10.8 springs and fool tech? Basically will the carb handle it and not hurt the motor, as in run lean.

No, I'm not trying to cheat, I bought a akra legal motor.

Last edited:
Been bench racing with some track friends since we have nothing else to do. Been wondering if it's possible to the legal carb on a 212 or even a 224 if the rpms were kept at a reasonable level. With these motors, could you throw in a cl3 cam and 10.8 springs and full tech? Basically worth carb handle it and not hurt the motor?

Uhhhhhhh. please edit and repost.

Sorry guys, I'll blame that one on lack of sleep from midnights and and not paying attention to autocorrect. I fixed a few things

Sorry guys, I'll blame that one on lack of sleep from midnights and and not paying attention to autocorrect. I fixed a few things
I still don't understand what you mean 212 and 224 are both illegal in akra. There's plenty of .615 carbs running cl3 cams with 10.8 springs. That's exactly what the cl line of cams were designed for.

I know they are not legal, but wondering the opinion if a legal .615 carb would not run one a predator 212 or 224 lean at rpm. Basically, would it support a cheater motor like this? With these motors as close to looking legal as they are, how hard is it to pass a few parts of the tech procedure

Well unless your tech man is complete garbage, he would know right away just by checking lift. the .615 carb is plenty for a cl line cam as long as you jet it correctly. What class are you referencing? if its box stock predator with stock jet and air box I would think you will be lean but your question is too vague.

Class is AKRA clone. That class, if I'm right, is 196 with a bore and stroke rule, lift rule and duration rule on the cam, carb size, valve spring, among a few other things. Wondering if a legal AKRA carb would allow a 224 max to run with a legal cam. Feed enough fuel and air

So the question is . Will a legal akra clone carb work on a 224 cc predator type engine ?
Sure . Will it be the best for it ?
Likely not . Especially if the venturi is smaller .

The 224 comes with the same style ruixing/sp/huyai carbs as the 212 and 196 clones they are the same carbs. a legal akra clone carb would be an upgrade from the stock carb.

So you want to use a 212 or 224 engine with an akra legal cam and carb in a clone class? Will it work? Yes it can work but its way outside the gray area to be bending the rules.

Been bench racing with some track friends since we have nothing else to do. Just wondering if it's possible to have the legal carb on a 212 or even a 224 if the rpms were kept at a reasonable level. With these motors, could you throw in a cl3 cam and 10.8 springs and fool tech? Basically will the carb handle it and not hurt the motor, as in run lean.

The first look at the valve cover would be a dead giveaway.

The first look at the valve cover would be a dead giveaway.
You can swap the valve covers I believe. I did it on my stock appearing motor. But if he used the 224 a dead giveaway would be the block supports. Like look at the top of the cylinder on the outside of the block and there is a support there. It just doesnt make since and its just plain cheating. In clone its all about tires. If you are on any good name builder and you cant win it is because you arnt a good enough chassis guy, driver, or tire guy thats what it comes down too.

Back