Limp mode

T Butler38

Hi, i just installed a Predator 212, basically stock except for a straight pipe, after running full throttle for a short while it will go into like a limp mode where it will only run maybe 1/2 throttle, what causes this? I have to let it sit for a bit then it will run full throttle again?

Thanks!

Hi, i just installed a Predator 212, basically stock except for a straight pipe, after running full throttle for a short while it will go into like a limp mode where it will only run maybe 1/2 throttle, what causes this? I have to let it sit for a bit then it will run full throttle again?

Thanks!
Did you jet it for the straight pipe? Is your fuel cap vented?

i have done nothing except add the straight pipe, if it wasn't jetted correctly wouldn't it sputter? and its a stock cap, should be vented or do i need to modify?

i have done nothing except add the straight pipe, if it wasn't jetted correctly wouldn't it sputter? and its a stock cap, should be vented or do i need to modify?
It would sputter but it would still run in the high rpms just at a high temp. Drill a hole in the stock gas cap because the fuel tanks cant vent well enough to provide carb with enough fuel. Put like a .031 jet in it and see how it runs.

On Bobs opening page, under the pics of go karts, is a list of paid go kart shop advertisers. The names listed there are links to their websites. These folks support Bobs 4 Cycle, go support them.

For what it's worth-
I'm not receiving anything from the list of shops on the front page. That's only there to give site users a list of reputable shops and links to their web sites.

Gave up on the whole deal because I got tired of trying to get paid by the shops.
So the site is now supported by 28 premium members and my social security check. :)

For what it's worth-
I'm not receiving anything from the list of shops on the front page. That's only there to give site users a list of reputable shops and links to their web sites.

Gave up on the whole deal because I got tired of trying to get paid by the shops.
So the site is now supported by 28 premium members and my social security check. :)
:cool:

Yep just drill into the top of it. You only need to go through the plastic, but can drill through the whole thing- doesn't hurt any thing. Can be multiple smaller holes or a big one. Don't drill it on the tank.

I would also disconnect the tube venting the top back of the tank to the carb. you can plug the tube with a bolt or most screw a set screw in the tube and reconnect it.

Yep just drill into the top of it. You only need to go through the plastic, but can drill through the whole thing- doesn't hurt any thing. Can be multiple smaller holes or a big one. Don't drill it on the tank.

I would also disconnect the tube venting the top back of the tank to the carb. you can plug the tube with a bolt or most screw a set screw in the tube and reconnect it.
ok thnx

For what it's worth-

I go to the opening page, scroll down past the kart pics, and see the list of supporters (real or imagined), click on (for example) ARC and it takes me right to Jody's website.

For what it's worth-

I greatly appreciate this site I’m a new member and it has helped me out a bunch already.

Back