Line up board

Two tracks around me do it by hand on printer paper or print it off timing system. I think it would be cool if kart tracks could use a similar system to other dirt series where drivers are given a code at registration that adds them to an automated message system. Then the track could text out changes to race lineup or other important info, I have seen this work with great success at the big car level, but I don't know the time/cost to implement it.

Two tracks around me do it by hand on printer paper or print it off timing system. I think it would be cool if kart tracks could use a similar system to other dirt series where drivers are given a code at registration that adds them to an automated message system. Then the track could text out changes to race lineup or other important info, I have seen this work with great success at the big car level, but I don't know the time/cost to implement it.
It can work at the big car level because theres minimal classes, more time. Karts have 20 plus classes with limited time.

There is paint available at home improvement stores that will make most surfaces into a dry erase board (or chalk board if you prefer.) Choose something smooth and weather proof if you can. Bath tub surround, sheet aluminum, etc. It works quite well - BUT you MUST clean it at the end of each night to keep it looking good. (ask me how I know) ;)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Some corkboard or insulation board on back of the sign in shed, hang a light right above it plus with the buildings overhang it's protected from the weather some.

Lowes sells a smooth vinyl panel 4'x8' for $20. It can be used as a dry erase board. I don't know how long it would hold up in the weather, but if it were covered in some way it may get you by for awhile.

Back