Lining up steering wheel.

SrFan3

Some how my steering wheel turned and the front wheels didn't. Something was not tight, im not sure yet. Question is, we have 1 race left and i dont want to pay for another scaling/alignment. Can i just line up the steering wheel tighten everything up and go race 1 more race? Thanks

Is this the kind of steering hub that has the spline connection? I would check to see if it's stripped out because it can feel tight but slip under racing forces. I've seen where people over tighten the center nut and damage the C clip and that lets the spline get worked and eventually deteriorates.

If it's the other type with a cross bolt, check for damaged holes and a sheared bolt. Either way I'd find out what was wrong with it and fix it before you hit the track.

If the problem is with your steering hub your scaling and alignment will not be affected.

Sundog

Last edited:
Agreed, it probably won't be bad. If both front tires are the same direction off, it sounds like your steering lock pin was left in the steering column hole and the wheel got turned before the pin was removed....I've done it and both of my brothers are guilty as well

Agreed, it probably won't be bad. If both front tires are the same direction off, it sounds like your steering lock pin was left in the steering column hole and the wheel got turned before the pin was removed....I've done it and both of my brothers are guilty as well
This is exactly what happen.

This is exactly what happen.
Yeah I dont think anyone in karting hasnt done it once lol
still, if that was enough to let the wheel adapter slip, something is stripped, my guess the adapter, the shaft is harder
Tighten the snot out of it, it should be fine for 1 weekend

Back