Little help please

Hoonikart

Alright I run a Box stock kart class with the Predator. I have no govenor, and the low oil is completely removed those are the only things we can do to it.
Coming out of the one turn the motor feels like it’s cutting out like. Bah bah bah bah and then half way down the straight it just takes off again. And then is fine all the way around until the same turn. What am I looking for??
Also how many oz of oil are you putting in the motor with the low oil stuff removed since that should open more space in the case.

I’ve been running 3.93 gear ratio on a 1/10th mile track. That’s on Burris 33’s. 15 front sprocket and a 59 on the back. I don’t have a tach, so I dk what rpm I’m hitting

I’ve been running 3.93 gear ratio on a 1/10th mile track. That’s on Burris 33’s. 15 front sprocket and a 59 on the back. I don’t have a tach, so I dk what rpm I’m hitting
I would look to the guys running up front to see what gears they are running and go with that.

I recommend a tach, it doesnt have to be a mychron or anything, it could be a 30 dollar amazon one. As long as it has a recall on it to show the max rpm you turned it will give you more of an idea on rpm.

Try a 13/63 gear combo , that is what the guys at my track have been running in stock Predator on Burris . My track is just a hair bigger than 1/10 mile . 15/59 is to much gear .

From what you described, I don't know that gearing is the cause of the engine cutting out. I would look at fuel delivery. Do you have enough fuel in the tank for it to pick up? Are you filling the tank up so full that it's going through the over flow and flooding the carb out? Possibly something is loose in the ignition system (coil or plug wire) that gets upset through the turn but I'd bet on it being fuel related. If you have a flat (or flatter) engine mount I'd run that on a predator.

id think too much or too little fuel if it's doing it in the corner. some tracks will let you put a ball bearing in the little tube on top of the tank because gas gets directed into the intake manifold and floods the motor. too little fuel and it sloshes away from the intake hose.if its not that you may have a loose wire short somewhere

Back