little help

Baker14

going to a new track and we are just getting back into go karts. The track is 1/5 mile and from what i hear its pretty fast. What gear setup would you suggest for super heavy? Thanks in advance

Keep an eye on your tach and your drops if your kart is fast and free and you find yourself reaching for a 60 maybe or espesially a 59 or lower for rear to keep your Target RPM then bump your front to an 18 driver, If you would of needed a 17-59 so your gonna try the 18, I'd only jump 3 rear to a 62 track usually still gains a little or you hit tires better, If you feel Track is Done and your not gaining any then put a 64 rear with that 18.

Good Luck !!

going to a new track and we are just getting back into go karts. The track is 1/5 mile and from what i hear its pretty fast. What gear setup would you suggest for super heavy? Thanks in advance

What track is it? Maybe someone from that track can give you ideas also.

I sure hope someone from track answers your question because without knowing the radius of the turns, or if there is banking. and how much, it's pretty hard, it seems to me, to give any kind of gearing recommendation. 17 60 is 3.51. Seems to me that's a big gear for that size track. Still, I don't really know so maybe I should just stay out of it.

I just hope someone from the track we're talking about can give you good advice.

Comments compliments criticisms and suggestions are always welcome.

Back