Live Axle Kit Install Issues

User12008

So I bought a 1" live axle kit for my go kart and I am having issues installing the hubs and bearings. When I put the hub on, it is way harder than it should be to get it on and move it along the axle, and it sometimes gets stuck and will not move at all. The bearing will go on just a little bit but gets caught on something and gets stuck. It is almost as if the axle is too big for the other parts. Everything should be the right size because I bought it in a kit. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to get a different kit?

No your not doing anything wrong .
You need some emery cloth too polish up the axle . look for any burrs or nicks .
use a lubricant .
the hubs have a split , carfully insert a screwdriver and tap it a bit too open it up .
Caution as it can split the hub if you go too far .
"kit' only means its all the parts . not that they fit well .

No your not doing anything wrong .
You need some emery cloth too polish up the axle . look for any burrs or nicks .
use a lubricant .
the hubs have a split , carfully insert a screwdriver and tap it a bit too open it up .
Caution as it can split the hub if you go too far .
"kit' only means its all the parts . not that they fit well .
Ok thanks!

You didnt mention what youre working with here. Do not confuse the common 25mm axle and parts with the American 1 inch stuff. Theyre very close but not the same. If its not an American made axle its most likely 25mm. You might have a problem with the axle keys fitting too.

Back