LO 206 ... Disk Clutch ...

sealerscot

What Disk Clutch would be good on A .... LO206 ... Dirt Oval ... 280 lbs ???

and yes I know that is not the clutch the rules say to run but the track we are headed to this winter lets you run any clutch ...

thanks

If it has a restricted slide then I'd go with a single disk vortex at that weight. Go with a 2 disk vortex if it's standard slide.

Jumbo, what is your opinion on converting a flame to use the fire shoes? Can the flame sprockets be used with a fire. We have 5 flames and many different sprockets for them. Thanks

I too think that the Fire is a very good clutch (hence we sell them through our shop as well as the other Hilliard models)....but I still don't think it will hang with a properly set-up disc clutch on starts and restarts.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
27 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

You can use the older bushing style sprockets on the FIRE drum.......to convert you will need 4 FIRE shoes, 1 FIRE drum, and one GREASE TRAP........you may need a shim or two to get end play set properly.

Several good shops out there capable of supplying you what you need.

The feed back i get form racers about the Flame and the Fire clutch has been excellent.
I use a Hilliard clutch on my Dyno and it works just great.
I have modified it and put additional weight in the shoes. I also use very low engagement springs.
It works just great.
It takes a lickin and keeps on tickin.
http://www.fastermotors.net/Clutches.html

Back