lo 206

the builders that sell sealed lo206 motors what if can they do to them >

As far as I know they can lap valves , set float level in carb , and align the intake and carb for flow restrictions . I'm sure they would dyno too , but I personally would not spend the extra $$$ . If theres more I'm sure someone will post

Thats about it. I did see somewhere a builder was advertising they could cheat and machine the deck or head surface and put the machining marks back in it....I dont remember who it was.

Who takes the blame when a customer gets tossed in tech and labeled a cheater , the guy who knows he bought an illegal motor , or the builder who intentionally does the work ? , or both for just plain being stupid !!

I think the buyer takes the fault most of the time just because they are the one who get seen at the track. If a builder "steath cuts" the deck as they say in their ad (if found who it was) they would be foolish to put their sticker on it I think.

It would be pointless (stupid) to cut the deck or the head on a LO 206 since they are so close to the legal limit.
I personally would never even attempt it.
It also tells me that if someone is advertising it they don't know what they are doing and you should stay away from them.

It would be pointless (stupid) to cut the deck or the head on a LO 206 since they are so close to the legal limit.
I personally would never even attempt it.
It also tells me that if someone is advertising it they don't know what they are doing and you should stay away from them.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Some guys just don't get the LO206 concept. Great package, great rules, great racing!

Don't know if mopdog was referring to us or not, but we cut the decks on a few of the first 206's that had no pop-up. It's not difficult to do at all. (and it wasn't stupid either)

It is NOT something that we do any longer, since the deck height and piston pop-up is all so close already from the factory (thanks Dave!) Having the engines verified/certified by the factory was a big step in limiting what was being done to these engine from the factory. Seldom do we pull a head anymore on a new LO206 engine. There's really no need to.

Here's what we do on our race-ready packages: We retorque the head, retorque the flywheel, set the coil air gap, align the intake, set the carb floats, and set the valve lash.
We can pull the head, cut the seats and lap the valves, check/set the ignition timing, and dyno tune the engine for guys that want that done, but it's really not necessary. In fact, many guys simply purchase the engine and make many of these same adjustments that we make on their own. It's not that difficult, but for the guy that's a bit intimidated by setting his own floats or valve lash, we'll gladly help them.

The LO206 engine is the most reliable, most affordable, racing engine available for karting today, hands down. No politics, no constant rules changes, no multiple importers with different specs, no "latest-greatest" parts, no tech updates every couple of weeks, no color of the month engines! LO206: Pull the rope and race! What's not to like?

Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

to put it in perspective the LoL 2006 makes more horsepower than a flathead but less than a blue printed animals and they go on forever

Big question is how much is it right nowa complete ready to run adult 206, including header, pipe, guard, anything but clutch or mount? This is what is gonna decide how many of us tired of clones are gonna try. What is the maximum you can pay for one that has been gone though, I mean the LEGAL things you are allowed to touch and how competitive you can be without any of these ¨little things¨?

Easily under $700 for everything but clutch and mount. (and that includes a lot more than what the clone guys are offering in their "package.")

You are welcome to email me or call the shop to find out what all we include in our standard and race-ready packages and pricing.

The "little things" can be paid for or done yourself (as I noted above,) or you can pull it out of the box and still win with it. It's been done! Dave's got a great video on the Briggs site and youtube that tells the story. :)

The LO206 truly puts the racing back in the hands of the driver. Tired of getting beat by the latest high dollar engine builder trick, or hand-picked part of the month? With the LO206 you won't get beat on motor again. Get your chassis and tires right and go win.

Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Yep, compare prices and what's included most anywhere and you'll see that we're all priced about the same. I think Jim and I have priced these engine packages not so much to make a bundle of money, but to get the class established. I'm sure we could make a lot more money building and selling clone engines, but we have chosen the LO206 engine package for a variety of reasons.

Thanks Brian. I am trying to decide what I am gonna race for WKA or WKC Road Racing but much depends also on the calendar too, I am waiting to see if they announced the last races for WKA because VIR and Summit Point are my closest tracks. What´s the situation right now concerning header and muffler? In one of the vendor sites I read header wasn´t included because of different track setups. I thought there was a mandated approved header/muffler package. Thanks again.

Cool -- I was cutting a set of road racing tires today. :)
There are two different headers approved -- the 5506 (candy cane) and the 5507 (outback) header. Some fit better on certain karts and mounts. There is some discussion about sprint karts with plastic rear bumpers as well, but one of these two headers should fit your application. We include header, muffler, billet muffler clamp, and heat wrap installed on our race-ready packages, but again, you're going to find similar pricing amongst most dealers once you get past the slightly different packages and tuning they offer.

We have been running them for 4 or 5 years at Road America (asphalt) and they are just as strong as they were day one.
There have been no engine failures!!!
I haven't even had the head off of any of them.
Just like the energizer Bunny, they keep going and going.

Back