Lo206 Cam Duration

rebsfan4

I know someone has surely checked it like a clone. Does anyone have cam durations numbers for the Lo206 at .050" and .200"?

Intake clone LO206
.050 221 208.3
.200 88 111.3

Ex
.050 224 213.4
.200 99 90.9

Clone numbers came from the rule books. LO206 numbers come from measurements from a new LO206, rounded to the closest 1/10 degree. It is interesting to compare. LO 206 has a lift advantage (specs not posted) Which has a duration advantage is subject to discussion and would probably need to look at duration at other lifts to give an educated guess. The clone has a huge advantage to customize the torque curve by changing centerlines. I am not a clone guy but I would assume that setting that c/l and experimentation on where to set it, increases the cost of building a clone significantly. These are very different cams and I suppose it would be interesting to swap grinds between the two, but since they do not share the same bore/stroke or valve sizes it may be a silly comparison. I could post a full profile if you were interested.

Last edited:
Intake clone LO206
.050 221 208.3
.200 88 111.3

Ex
.050 224 213.4
.200 99 90.9

Clone numbers came from the rule books. LO206 numbers come from measurements from a new LO206, rounded to the closest 1/10 degree. It is interesting to compare. LO 206 has a lift advantage (specs not posted) Which has a duration advantage is subject to discussion and would probably need to look at duration at other lifts to give an educated guess. The clone has a huge advantage to customize the torque curve by changing centerlines. I am not a clone guy but I would assume that setting that c/l and experimentation on where to set it, increases the cost of building a clone significantly. These are very different cams and I suppose it would be interesting to swap grinds between the two, but since they do not share the same bore/stroke or valve sizes it may be a silly comparison. I could post a full profile if you were interested.
Thanks for the numbers. I was just looking for the .050 and .200 checks. I've never seen them listed anywhere. And the rule books just list what the profile should be at certain heights through out the cam profile. I have an engine here I was wanting to compare them too

Back