LO206 Carb Slide Opening Adjustment

JakeH

I'm having trouble adjusting my yellow LO206 carb slide to a .570 opening. Can someone help me out with this?

You did go too briggs racing .com and down load the rules and procedures ?
It seems straight forward . Use a .570 gauge , then , ( the procedure ) either shim or remove material . Lock in place with the lock device .
When completed at full open the .570 gauge should just barley fit in .

Up here in the Great White North we use a 1 thou. over no go in teck. If you use a .570 gauge to set your slide you will not pass teck.
Please read the Brigg's rules first & watch there video too. I would use a .566 pin gauge & losen the top until the gauge slides in, tighten
the top down until you feel resistence, lock down the top & check with the .570 gauge. The .570 should not go in.

Ha ha yea it the pin don't fit the hole . 2 choices - bigger hole or smaller pin .
IE -get the procedure for your L0 206 .
My memory aint what it used to be an I was not going to look for him .
In a pinch the lid off a pork and bean can ;) ,, is that legal ?

You can't shim anything. You simply remove material from the carb. slide cap as shown in the rules (in red.) A small file or take a Dremel to it and it's pretty easy to remove material. Expect to take some time though filing, checking, filing some more, checking some more, etc. to get right to the .570" number. I set ours using the no go gauge, then give the cap and extra "N'th" tighter before installing the lock collar. The cap MUST be snug per the rules -- no leaving the cap loose, no using two gaskets, etc.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I'm having trouble adjusting my yellow LO206 carb slide to a .570 opening. Can someone help me out with this?
Without the proper tool a 9/16ths drill bit is .5625 in diameter .
It would give you a safe magin of .0075 .

No , that would not work .
The shank of the drill bit not the flutes .
Maybe ask your tech man too check it before the races .
Then you know for sure where your at with it .

Do you know any other Junior slide racers at your track? Likely some dad has the gauge you need and experience to help you out. I am yet to find a karter that will not help a new guy out.

Do you know any other Junior slide racers at your track? Likely some dad has the gauge you need and experience to help you out. I am yet to find a karter that will not help a new guy out.
Yeah, I have 4 other competitors. all of them are in their first year, like me. Someones dad has helped us out multiple times. He told us about how we have the wrong slide and the right sprocket for the track.

Good Sportsman Ship , Polite and Respectful ,
go a long way to countinuing that helpful relationship .
With the Tech man too .

Flattop nailed it. Usually if you ask the tech man before the race he will check it for you. Like most things in this sport if you are respectful most peopke are willing to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am one of the regional tech directors in Ontario, Canada. At the last two regional races this year I have found five carburetor caps that have been filed incorrectly, in the junior classes. In all the years I have been doing tech on the Briggs equipment I have only found two that were not correct and I'm having a problem with figuring out why this is happening to these kids. This is in both Regional Series. How do the people responsible for these engines think they are actually smarter than the tech people and going to get away with this??? Thank you so much for allowing me to vent. lol

Logic would assume no one is “trying to get away with” anything and it is more likely a mistake/misunderstanding or bad tooling. In general, if tech even happens at all the slide is the FIRST thing they check and often the only thing. Why would anyone purposely “cheat” in this area? And if they intended to cheat why would they only make it a couple THOUSANDTHS bigger??? Cutting an extra .050” off of it and pick up a full HP is what a real cheater would do. Usually the cheater will skip the scale and tech line and come up with an excuse and/or start yelling at the tech people to never actually go to tech.

There’s a big difference between cheating and not passing tech and some don’t understand the difference.

When the cap is filed more at the back then the front and it is obvious I have to beleive that it was done intentionally???

When the cap is filed more at the back then the front and it is obvious I have to beleive that it was done intentionally???
Did the no-go gauge for the slide go?
Yes? Then it's illegal. (intentional or not)
"Intent" is not our job as a tech man (although it's always in the back of your mind on how to prevent it in the future.)

If what you are seeing when teching is consistent with one competitor/chassis camp/builder/etc...then address it to the builder directly.
Like Gary said...if you're going to bother milling or filing anything (with the intent to cheat) then why would you stop at +.002?" It's as easy to tech and catch .002" as it is .050."

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back