Lo206 Carb Tuning for race

CB8

A6C31FDC-8A70-4543-9F07-1841A16835EE.png
349E585B-4004-4D4D-BE66-5CD7A6577641.png
Alright I have a race Saturday conditions today are going to be almost identical to today. What are the best adjustments I can do carb-wise to perform best as I’m a bit newer to the sport.

I would say your looking pretty good at 99.47% hp .
Tuning off projected weather seems futile .
Some more acomplished Tuners may have a better idea .

Without knowing anything about your current engine or carb set-up, there is nothing anyone can tell you. If I was racing in those conditions, I would show up with the exact same set up I do everywhere else. Nothing to be gained engine wise from my baseline set-up.

Without knowing anything about your current engine or carb set-up, there is nothing anyone can tell you. If I was racing in those conditions, I would show up with the exact same set up I do everywhere else. Nothing to be gained engine wise from my baseline set-up.
Lo206 PZ22 Carb with Black Senior Slide
Lash is both set at 0.002”
Needle height is on 3rd (Middle)
Float height is at 0.860”

A dyno graph with the weather conditions it was ran in .
Or a note book with weather data .
Something to drive the changes from a known base line .

When you see ".005" as the correction factor, that's pretty fine tuning right there.
That's about as nominal change as you will find.
Don't change a thing from the way your engine was tuned on the dyno.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Quote Al : A 1% change in air density calls for a 1% change in the air/fuel ratio!
For some good reading search air density .

From my testing, I find the baseline for the 206 carb is at 96 ADR (3rd clip position). At 98 I richen by 1 needle position. At 94 I move down one position. I then fine tune with the air bleed. That process has led me to be pretty close on the tune as evidenced by the plug readings. That said, I don't mess much with the float bowl setting. I use one of Jimbo's graduated cylinders to get the amount of fuel in the float I want. I get it set and then forget it.

Back