LO206 catch containers

Maranche

This weekend we broke in my son's LO206. It ran 700 more RPM's then the Honda GX 200 at a weight of 225lbs with a green slide.

While reading the Rules on the LO206 it stated "Must have Catch Containers Oil and Carburetor" Any recommendations on how to make them and the best place to place them? :confused:

Last edited:
Just a standard catch can will work. The fuel overflow hose will fit perfectly into a piece of 1/4" fuel line hose, then it will fit on a standard catch can. You HAVE to vent the catch though or it will pressurize the fuel bowl. We use a standard round aluminum catch can that mounts to the seat strut, but we are mounting them on the nerf bar on the right side of the engine to keep the hoses away from the rear tire.

-Shannon

I'm with Shannon. Some people will say not to run them into the same container, but I have found that as long as you vent it well, it doesn't matter.

We also mount ours on the right side nerf bar in order to run both vents forward away from the right rear.

I've also seen guys run both overflow hoses to the same catch can -- I highly recommend against this unless it is a very large volume catch can with good flowing vent/filter. Otherwise it will have the same problem pressurizing the carb bowl via crankcase pressure (which creates a lot of problems.)

Two catch cans plumbed separately works fine.

--
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Jim

Is this the only one I need? Do I need a can for the fuel bowl as well?
I'll contact you today to make a purchase.

Dan

I used 2 small Gatorade bottles and made a bracket from some sheet metal. One is mounted in front of axle cassette mount on right rear and the other is behind cassette mount on right rear.

Back