LO206 Champ?

Ted Hamilton

Helmet Painter / Racer
I have a LO206 that's doing some asphalt sprint duty, but want to race a champ. Anyone here in the upper NC region interested in joining me for a LO206 champ class? My hope is to get 5-6 of us to bounce between Woodleaf, Liberty, Coleridge, Mountain Creek, and The Old Stateline Speedway... I'd prefer no payout, low entry fee. Why aren't tracks running this class already? :) Are they, but I'm unaware? Info appreciated... Now I gotta' find me a cheap champ...

Literally wrote what I was about to post today. I run LO206 over at GOPRO and want to get in on this Champ fun. I am ALL for a class, especially over at Mountain creek as I live 5 minutes from there.

I hope to throw an ultrashield style seat in mine, esp. as I don't consider the traditional karting seats safe with belts in a flip.... But otherwise, should be fun. I'll PM you my contact info. Anyone else?

There is a series in Indiana that runs the LO206 champ on pavement ovals.
It's been around several years now and provides some pretty good racing. They run a lot of local stock car tracks (1/4 miles, etc.) where drafting is really key. I'm sure you can find plenty of videos of their races on Youtube.
I can put you in contact with those folks if you need, or ask around on the net.
This is a GREAT application for the LO206 engine AND and excuse to get some champ karts back on the track.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

There's a pavement series with "wings" that does that in VA and upper coastal NC here... I just want to do the regular dirt thing with the LO206.... May be a source of good engines and chassis though. Where is Linden? I have a good friend in Fortville that I visit occasionally (NE of Indy.) If you're not too far, I'll drop by.

There's a pavement series with "wings" that does that in VA and upper coastal NC here... I just want to do the regular dirt thing with the LO206.... May be a source of good engines and chassis though. Where is Linden? I have a good friend in Fortville that I visit occasionally (NE of Indy.) If you're not too far, I'll drop by.
About an hour west of Fortville. You are welcome anytime, Ted. Just give us a heads-up when you'll be stopping by if it's outside of regular business hours.

Ted are you dead set on Champs, I could do it at the old Bear Creek now "The Pit" in a flat kart. I had rather not buy a champ, being unsure if it would work out with enough in the class.

Scott -- frankly, I like the safety idea of a champ, but flat karts don't scare me. LO206 needs to grow here in dirt, so if we can get enough of either, I'm game. Shoot, a flat kart ride would let me do double duty with UAS/RWYB stuff too.... Maybe I'll get one of each. :) I'll keep you posted. I assume if we get 4-5, Jimmy will let us run, whatever we go with. But Nic is busy searching for a champ, I think. :)

Scott -- I'm going to get one of each, and another LO206 so I can just run both. I'd like to pitch the class as $25 entry fee, NO PAYBACK. Hopefully this will help make it clear that it's a "gentleman's sporting fun class" instead of a "drill a hole in the bottom and cheat or use a $10,000 builder engine" class. I swear, us racers do ourselves in every time... :) I'll create a LO206 NC Tour flyer and post it here and in main page...

This is what I have in mind...who's interested? It's bogus, and I haven't talked to the tracks or set dates, but if there's interest, I will.

74319689_10102390739206309_971466648248647680_n.jpg

How much does a champ kart weigh- ready to go, without any weight and without a driver?
Just a ready to go champ, no weight, no driver.

Back