LO206 Chassis

revhi109

OK, so I have been racing or involved with karting for over 10 years and need help finding a new chassis. I race asphalt road courses and have only owned 2 karts with both 2 cycles and 4 cycles. I am looking for a 4 cycle specific chassis to be competitive in the LO206 class. Im not a huge chassis expert so I came to you guys for help. Is 32mm to stiff of a frame for this class? I am running a soft axle and feel like I have had issues with rear tire lift.

Thanks

There area number of manufacturers making 4 cycle specific karts. They will all work with a LO-206. I am partial to the Margay. My son is an authorized dealer for Margay in St. Augustine Fl. There are also Coyote, MGM, Razor to name a couple more. Some of the karts today are a combo of two different diameter tubes for the front and seat cross bars and the main tube rails.

What chassis are you using now?

Tuning with axles is a great way to get the kart turning well.

I currently have a 2001 PCR 2 cycle frame that I had to cut and re weld to allow space for the chain and sprocket. I am looking into a Margay or CRG but am mainly curious about frame thickness for these low powered engines.

I currently have a 2001 PCR 2 cycle frame that I had to cut and re weld to allow space for the chain and sprocket. I am looking into a Margay or CRG but am mainly curious about frame thickness for these low powered engines.
I'm wondering; just what are your concerns with the frame thickness? Seems to me that most karts are built by people who know what they're doing. Take Margay for instance, I have confidence they know what they're doing. The CRG, unless they have done something I am not aware of, was never intended to be used with the four cycle. That would be a consideration on my part.

I agree. I used to run the KT100 on my PCR since it was designed to be a 2 cycle chassis. Now I am running an LO206 and was seeking advice on a decent 4 cycle chassis. I noticed that the new CRG RS5 4 cycle frame is 28mm. I am just curious if my 32mm frame is whats holding me back from running up front? I just got 5th for the season out of maybe 14 people and wanting something more competitive.

If CRG is making a four cycle frame that’s the one I would go with.
Thing is, and I’m not 100% sure on this, CRG uses cold drawn seamless mild steel tubing. It works good but is not going to hold up like Molly tubing. Still, Margay used mild steel for years, (and I doubt it was cold drawn seamless) and nobody complained about them, except maybe me.
Comments, compliments, criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory.

We have been running the LO-206 on our Margays for 2 years now with lots of wins.. and always up front. The newer 4.11 Margays have national wins and National Championships. Mikim MS has new and used karts available and can ship as needed. Don't worry about the frame thickness really.. The manufacturer has already done that for you. The frame rails are 1.250 or 32mm tubing and 1.125 or 28mm tubing molly alloy.

The Margay 4.11 or the Mikim Hybrid (gold cup version of the 4.11) chassis area awesome 4 cycle karts.

Back