Lo206 clutch sounds like a dinner bell?

Jefftaylor

What causes a clutch to make a bell type dinging sound at idle. This is on a LO206. Just bought kart and guy I bought it from says it is common. All I know is I didn’t hear much of this at the track with other karts. I’ll just buy a new clutch if I have to. Thank you from newbie Jeff

Something is hitting the drum (thanks captain obvious). Could be a worn bearing or a broken spring. I'd take it apart and see what it looks like, put a little dab of grease on the bearing then make sure it's properly installed.

Is the bearing in the drum still good? What size sprocket?

Have you ever slipped the clutch? Clutch shoes can sometimes work harden if they get too hot. If 2 metals rub against each other, one has to be soft and the other hard. Some clutch shoes (Burris is one example) get hard and will not slip correctly.

Take the clutch off the engine and examine all the parts. Replaced as necessary!!

I took the clutch off and yes it is a stinger so seems it is common. Seems to go away when I give it throttle. So ear plugs or buy a new clutch which I am fine doing if there are better clutch options. Going to be running mostly GoPro motorplex in Morresville. Kart only game with installed sprocket and gear. So will be buying more options to run charlotte motor speedway.

thank you everyone for the responses.

I have found that some "bully style" drivers can cause this problem with stingers, especially if you do use the correct retaining clip for the specific brand driver.

Its a durable clutch takes bully style drivers . They do clang though .
Theres other options , better is either defined by lap times or opinion .

I have found that some "bully style" drivers can cause this problem with stingers, especially if you do use the correct retaining clip for the specific brand driver.
You mean if the clip/retainer doesn't hold it tight too the drum ?

Again. Thank you all for your time in responding today. I have ordered a new clutch based on what people at track recommended with new gear and sprocket for the GoPro track.

Back