LO206 Cup - Sprint Racing Program & Technical - 2015

steve baker

Just to get 2015 plans off the ground, review the below first steps for 2015 LO206 sprint racing. Not much detail, but just for starters for everyone to review and post comments.

Step 1 – Establish list of all Sprint Race Tracks.

Step 2 – Conference call with all track owners / promoters.

Step 3 – Develop list of all the tracks that would sign up to run the LO206 classes for 2015.

Step 4 – Assign a coordinator for each State.

Step 5 – Continue to have conference calls every two weeks with coordinators.

Step 6 – Develop plans for a 2015 Grand National LO206 Cup race – Centrally located track.

Primary Goal - To help put 4 cycle sprint racing back on the map with a common engine package and tech specifications nationwide!

Comments / suggestions are welcome.

Steve
419-217-3881 cell

The world hates change, yet it is the only thing that has brought progress.

I think 2016 would be a more realistic time frame for a regional or"national".You will need to get some "wheels" under this thing and get it going.Greg and I have had a very good response to our 206 cup series and some of the common replies from racers that ran other series this year were "there weren't enough karts for decent size classes, and we felt like we were treated like second class citizens".The need for a four cycle ONLY grass roots series is quite evident and the future of 4 cycle sprint racing may depend on getting this to work.We can't wait for any sanctioning body to act, it's really up to us and the racers to make this work.I believe that Greg Jasperson and I have proven that the interest is there.Let's find a way to organize this and make it flourish.One idea is after you have established a core group of tracks,open a facebook page so they have a ready forum and means of communicating with each other and the racers.

Here is my $.02 on the "Grand National" Idea:

Rumor has it that Gold Cup may be coming to New Castle. If this is true, I believe you could be set-up for the perfect storm. Make the "LO206 Grand Nationals" part of this weekend. New Castle is a great spot for multiple reasons:

1. It already has a strong 206 contingency at the club level (40-50 entries a week spread over 2 classes)
2. Modern, nice facility
3. Centrally located in the Midwest
4. If it already had a gold cup weekend, you could piggyback some of that draw.

I think the key will be good incentives. Make it cheap entry, deep payback, tons of contingency payouts (hard charger, highest finishing CIK kart, mid pack award, etc.), something to draw people out. Me... I would be there for the large fields alone, but it seems people need a reason to race anymore.

-Derek

To all Sprint track owners, promoters, sponsors, manufactures, shops, racers and anyone who wants to participate. To kick this LO206 program off please plan to call into a general open to all meet me line conference call on Wednesday October 22 at 8:00 pm eastern time.

This will be the beginning of a series of conf calls that will take place each week starting next Wednesday. For this first meeting it will be very general just to inform everyone about this program and the future plans going forward. Meeting will be organized and everyone will be on mute for first 5 minutes while I explain the intent for this program. Then everyone will be un-muted and state by state including Canada in alphabetical order it will be open for general discussion state by state ( 2 minutes max per state ).

Once we get better established and organized there will be a list of all the tracks that are participating in the 2015 LO206 classes.

Please take some time to inform everyone you know that is interested in hearing about this 2015 LO206 program.

Thanks
Steve Baker
419-217-3881 cell
Email = Bakerracingeng.com

States
Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Canada
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

Henry Motorsports and Fremont Raceway Park would support having this class, though currently we only have 2 racers running this motor package.

Kit henry

To all Sprint track owners, promoters, sponsors, manufactures, shops, racers and anyone who wants to participate. To kick this LO206 program off please plan to call into a general open to all meet me line conference call on Wednesday October 22 at 8:00 pm eastern time.

Steve
419-217-3881 cell
Bakerracingeng@aol.com

Very good and informative call, I have put out to my racers ideas on this and another that was brought to me, the one's whom will not like this program is going to be some of the engine builders. Personally I think it is great that Steve Baker has taken the stance he has which is to build the sport.

Kit Henry

I missed the call, timzone snafu! There's plenty of playpens for tinkerers and engine builders. LO206 is a good entry program, minimum fuss and lowest demonstrated TCO as far as I can tell.

Thanks to everyone who participated in last nights LO206 meeting, we had 33 callers from California to Massachusetts and in between in this meeting. First step is to develop a directory of all the tracks in US and Canada that are racing the LO206 and their classes. If you know of any tracks, e mail me or post on this thread.

Next meeting will be Wednesday October 29 at 8:00 pm eastern time.

Thanks again for all the support!

Steve
419-2167-3881 cell
E Mail = Bakerracingeng@aol.com

Steve what's your plan for publishing/sharing the tracks that are running LO206?

Probably have a few avenues for this, Bobs4cycle and E Karting. Also would like to see a facebook site outlet for this info but this still needs to be decided.

Thanks
Steve

Let me know when you have the list and I'll see about getting it mapped out/earmarked in the track directory on kartpulse. People will be able to search for LO206 tracks by radius/distance.
I think it would work better to share something like that though those channels rather than a list.

Let me know when you have the list and I'll see about getting it mapped out/earmarked in the track directory on kartpulse. People will be able to search for LO206 tracks by radius/distance.
I think it would work better to share something like that though those channels rather than a list.

Will do, I am still collecting the data and receiving e mails from tracks.

Steve

Back