LO206 Cup - Sprint Racing Program & Technical - 2015

Next meeting will be Wednesday October 29 at 8:00 pm eastern time.

Everyone is welcome!

Agenda:

1) LO206 track directory update
2) Engine basics
3) Tuning
4) Carb set ups
5) Engine life and maintenance

Everyone is welcome!

Steve
419-217-3881 cell
E Mail = Bakerracingeng@aol.com

Here is my $.02 on the "Grand National" Idea:

Rumor has it that Gold Cup may be coming to New Castle. If this is true, I believe you could be set-up for the perfect storm. Make the "LO206 Grand Nationals" part of this weekend. New Castle is a great spot for multiple reasons:

1. It already has a strong 206 contingency at the club level (40-50 entries a week spread over 2 classes)
2. Modern, nice facility
3. Centrally located in the Midwest
4. If it already had a gold cup weekend, you could piggyback some of that draw.

I think the key will be good incentives. Make it cheap entry, deep payback, tons of contingency payouts (hard charger, highest finishing CIK kart, mid pack award, etc.), something to draw people out. Me... I would be there for the large fields alone, but it seems people need a reason to race anymore.

-Derek

Steve, I'll second this. We have consistently had 20-30 karts per race for all 14 races in BOTH classes out at NCMP. I can't imagine that most of the competitors wouldn't run a huge cup race out there.

Thanks to everyone who participated in last nights LO206 meeting, we had 15 total callers in this meeting. Still in the process of developing a directory of all the tracks in US and Canada that are racing the LO206 and their classes.
If you know of any tracks, e mail me or post on this thread.

Next meeting - TBA

Thanks again for all the support!

Steve
419-2167-3881 cell

We are establishing a good size list of tracks racing the LO206 program. I am sure there are a lot more out there so e mail me the track name or web site so we can add to the list. As I mentioned before the web site www.Racingwhere.com, thanks to Richard Thoms, will have a Badge dedicated for the LO206 racing tracks program directory.

Thanks again for all the support!

Steve
419-2167-3881 cell

As a service to everyone looking to race LO206, David Cox and I put together this interactive map with all the tracks in the US that offered the LO206 package in 2014. We’re LO206 enthusiasts ourselves so we thought this would help others out too. This was all taken from track websites that posted their class offerings information.

We’re working on a spreadsheet comparing all the LO206 rules variations across the country to help all the tracks and series looking at rules for 2015 (hopefully more commonality!)

Steve if you could share the tracks/series that have contacted you that would help us get it as accurate as possible. team@kartrank.com will go to David and I.

Link: http://kartrank.com/lo206-tracks

(Note: not trying to compete with the Racingwhere.com plan...just had the track info and this was the best way to get it out there)

The LO206 facebook group there's been a fair bit of discussion about bodywork type(s). I think it might be good to add it to the agenda and see if a consensus can be reached and communicated.

I think "open" would be the way to go given what I've observed at the rock island GP, but that's just my opinion.

The LO206 facebook group there's been a fair bit of discussion about bodywork type(s). I think it might be good to add it to the agenda and see if a consensus can be reached and communicated.

I think "open" would be the way to go given what I've observed at the rock island GP, but that's just my opinion.

Done - See revised agenda.

Thx
Steve

Thanks to Richard Thoms at www.RacingWhere.com you can now view some of the tracks racing the LO206 program. Keep tuned into this site as he continues to add more tracks with LO206 badges.

http://www.racingwhere.com/sprint-racing/series/all

Next meeting will be Wednesday November 19 at 8:00 pm eastern time.

Call in phone number = 605-562-0020
Participant code = 704 407 016 #

Everyone is welcome!

Agenda:

1) LO206 track directory update
2) New track Q & A
3) LO206 rule set
4) Chassis / Body work style specs
5) Promoting LO206 racing
6) Round Table discussion / meetings going forward

Everyone is welcome!

For all your LO206 needs support your local Kart Shop, Engine Builder and/or Briggs Motorsports Dealer.

Steve
419-217-3881 cell

As a service to everyone looking to race LO206, David Cox and I put together this interactive map with all the tracks in the US that offered the LO206 package in 2014. We’re LO206 enthusiasts ourselves so we thought this would help others out too. This was all taken from track websites that posted their class offerings information.

We’re working on a spreadsheet comparing all the LO206 rules variations across the country to help all the tracks and series looking at rules for 2015 (hopefully more commonality!)

Steve if you could share the tracks/series that have contacted you that would help us get it as accurate as possible. team@kartrank.com will go to David and I.

Link: http://kartrank.com/lo206-tracks

(Note: not trying to compete with the Racingwhere.com plan...just had the track info and this was the best way to get it out there)

I think this map is missing CMP in Kershaw, SC.

How did the bodywork discussion go last night? I was unable to make the call, but am interested. As a 4 cycle street racer, I prefer the open bodywork rules. Bring whatever you want/have. I think it gives everyone the opportunity to compete. However, I do see how this causes some of the CIK guys to ask, "Will I be competitive?"

At NCMP, they have a class for CIK and a class for both styles (Senior). I think early in the year, the CIK guys were winning, but as more lay down guys showed up, there seemed to be more of those at the front. I would argue you could put CIK bodywork on some of those guys and they still would have won, though. Just using it as an example of a place that has success running them together.

Some of the sanctioning bodies don't allow mixed bodywork IIRC. We're under IKF and don't allow the fiberglass laydown type. Sit-up with CIK, bread box on up bodywork only.

Yes, Richard is still working on adding all the tracks. I e mailed him the listing for CMP track.

Thanks!

Steve

You are welcome. I stopped running my MGM on the clone classes because of the inconsistent rules. I finished installing a 2 cycle on it and running local races. I am planning on eventually buying a 206 for Road Racing because I tried before and I liked it, but for sprint tracks I consider the clue to grow this class is consistency in rules and open bodies. If each track decides to allow their own engine mods or changes or runs different tires (better allowing open tire than having a different one for each track) it will finish like the clones. JMO

How did the bodywork discussion go last night? I was unable to make the call, but am interested. As a 4 cycle street racer, I prefer the open bodywork rules. Bring whatever you want/have. I think it gives everyone the opportunity to compete. However, I do see how this causes some of the CIK guys to ask, "Will I be competitive?"

At NCMP, they have a class for CIK and a class for both styles (Senior). I think early in the year, the CIK guys were winning, but as more lay down guys showed up, there seemed to be more of those at the front. I would argue you could put CIK bodywork on some of those guys and they still would have won, though. Just using it as an example of a place that has success running them together.

We ran CIK bodywork exclusively for a year or two in Gold Cup and then figured out that at long tracks the big nose on front helped us "suck up" in the draft. At Jacksonville we tested back to back on a Friday with CIK and then big nose with no other changes and picked up about 2mph in draft (drafting with same people). Translated into .1-.2 in lap times. If the 206's are running the full track at NCMP I have to think the big nose would be an advantage there too. Our testing, BTW, was with Pro Gas Junior at 320#.

DT

Back