LO206 kicks a$$

jamiespop

Real happy with the performance of my new Faster Motors Briggs. I had to gear a little differently--I normally run around a 4.2 to 4.4, now I'm like 3.87 and hitting the rev limiter at the tail end of the longest straight. The only problem besides backfire on decel, was the oil spewing out of my fuel pump and making a mess of my new motor. I can probably figure out a way around both problems.

Relocate the fuel pump to the bolt nearest the header and point the pulse line towards the pulse fitting in the side cover.
This will shorten the pulse line (hose) considerably.
That should take care of the issue. If it doesn't let me know.
Better yet just call me on Monday.

How do you have the crankcase (valve cover) vented?

Clean the oil off the fuel pump and simply put a dab of siicone or epoxie over the vent.

Ordered mine from Jimbo last week. Hoping to get the LO206 class organized and established for the 2015 season down here in Houston\Katy area.

why not find out why the pump is spitting oil out insead of rigging that up. something is wrong you should not have to put a diaper on a new or old motor.

why not find out why the pump is spitting oil out insead of rigging that up. something is wrong you should not have to put a diaper on a new or old motor.

The old Walbro and round Mikuni pumps did not have the vent hole for the diaphragm.Thats why you have the oil leak problem. The hole is not needed so just epoxy it like Jimbo said and problem solved.

Back