Lo206 on Phantom Triton?

Hussain

I’m extremely new to karting and it’s hard to find reliable info by searching, I might buy a Phantom Triton for an amazing deal (650$)but want to put in a lo206 engine, is that stupid? If so, please tell me what I can do with a Phantom Triton if I want to start racing.

I’m extremely new to karting and it’s hard to find reliable info by searching, I might buy a Phantom Triton for an amazing deal (650$)but want to put in a lo206 engine, is that stupid? If so, please tell me what I can do with a Phantom Triton if I want to start racing.
I don't know your location but there are a few tracks across the nation that run L0206 on dirt so no it wouldn't be stupid it'd be stupid if you did that and couldn't find a track that runs that motor. Research more of the tracks you'd like to run at and find out what classes they run.

I don't know your location but there are a few tracks across the nation that run L0206 on dirt so no it wouldn't be stupid it'd be stupid if you did that and couldn't find a track that runs that motor. Research more of the tracks you'd like to run at and find out what classes they run.
Do you know if 650$ is good for a race-ready Triton? How much are they actually worth.

yes very good Id be right there if it was me .
as long as your racing dirt . like the other post a LO 206 is great if there a class .

Is 650$ good for a Triton? What are they usually sold for.
Very good deal. Used LO206's are going for $700+ at the moment and depending on the condition the Triton is probably worth at minimum $900+. For what it is worth Bartlett Bridge Raceway in Maine is a small dirt track that runs LO206's on flat karts. Obviously it depends on your location though.

As long as the chassis is complete and the frame is not bent, it's worth every bit of that - I'd buy it for that much.
Like others have said, just make sure that your track has a class for the 206 -- In another thread you were mentioning running pavement sprint @ Dallas -- THIS kart would NOT work well in that application at all.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back