LO206 on Tony Kart Cadet - Axle sprocket setup?

bavarian3

We just picked up a used Tony Kart Rookie (cadet) and the previous owner ran a IAME mini swift. We are going to go with a LO206 instead but looking at the parts list, what do we do about getting the axle sprocket inward? It looks like we have to get side pod extenders and a proper motor mount; but can any recommend where to begin with the rear axle / sprocket?

The sprocket is currently outside the chassis between frame and tire/wheel assembly ?
Is there a key way on the axle in the proper location ?

The sprocket is currently outside the chassis between frame and tire/wheel assembly ?
Is there a key way on the axle in the proper location ?

Correct. No key on the inside; which after some further research looks like I need a different axle with inboard keys.

Yep .you might be able to get a keyway cut in your axle .
Simpler to get an axle unless you know a good machine shop .
Tony karts likely mm 30 , 40 or 50 is common
Possibly even 28 mm

If you live close to south Jersey I can cut a key way for you no problem. Does the rail behind the seat go at an angle or straight across? You have to have chain clearance on that rail and clutch clearance on the seat strut. The other option is the Burris jack shaft that allows you to keep the sprocket where it is now. I actually have a 30mm axle assembly for sale with all magnesium components from a 95 Dap kart.

Sundog

If you live close to south Jersey I can cut a key way for you no problem. Does the rail behind the seat go at an angle or straight across? You have to have chain clearance on that rail and clutch clearance on the seat strut. The other option is the Burris jack shaft that allows you to keep the sprocket where it is now. I actually have a 30mm axle assembly for sale with all magnesium components from a 95 Dap kart.

Sundog

Seat tube is angle; so I think clearance will be fine. In FL but thanks for the offer. What length is the axle?

Just put on of these together last night. What year is the kart? Some have the rear cross bar back pretty far and will require the mini sprockets and hub you can get from Comet kart. You’ll need to run the clutch outboard and extend the nerf bar as it’s sounds like you realize. I would highly recommend the odenthal mount when running outboard. I would also just get the pkt 2.1mm axle to use. It already has the inboard sprocket key

2014 Rookie. Have the Odenthal mount already; I think there is plenty of space for the chain unless I’m missing something? Looks like new axle it is.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 148
If you have any skills you could file a flat on the axle and drill two holes for a peg key. Have you strung a chain and sprocket on there to see if it clears the rail?

If you have any skills you could file a flat on the axle and drill two holes for a peg key. Have you strung a chain and sprocket on there to see if it clears the rail?

No skills, but thanks for the reply!

Yep that’s perfect. Just put the pkt axle in. Handles better than the otk and already has the key way.

I think I still might go with the mini sprocket hub just in case. Son is ready to get out on the track and every time we run into a “oh crap, I have to order that part.”

Back