LO206 Package, where to buy?

rkcarguy

Hey guys, we've got another new racer at our asphalt sprint track that's an office guy and doesn't want to turn any wrenches, thinking he's prime for an LO206. He'll be converting an 09 Italkart TAG chassis, anyone advise where we can send him for a package deal with 15* international mount, header, silencer, chain guard, throttle linkage, clutch, etc?
We're in Washington State.

Yep Roger is your guy in that area. Great little kart shop and even nicer people. Support local in this case. Also we have a large lo206 regular guys class here in BC Just ten minutes into Canada from Sumas border. We would love to see more US drivers. We have several regulars from the Blaine area that race our track as well. http://www.westcoastkartclub.com/

Greg

He ordered one from somewhere, I've been walking him thru the setup...swapping sprocket hub inboard etc etc.
Off subject Greg, but what's the chance we can get IKF to recognize a big block rule set like myself and the OVKA guys are running so more fat guys can race?
I've been hanging in there in heavy class at 460#'s with the 420 predator and I just had my 5th event with nothing but changing the oil.

Hi
Dan Pellizzari would be the guy to talk to as I have no affiliation to any Karting federation. He goes by Gonzari on BOBS. He is part of the whole IKF thing and in the know very active on what's going on.

I know, we have several really big guys at our club as well that struggle due to the weight breaks associated at our club. We can't change the rules yet at the club level as we just don't have enough to split the classes yet. Yet is the word as I believe we may have up to 18-20 lo206's in adult class here at WCKC this year!!!
We don't have any BB motored karts up here so the guys down south would be the best bet on that. How about Steve' Bakers Pro Gas setup that looks cool. I know it is not a Predator or the likes but it is a step up and has a following.

Greg

Greg,

Yes, with the various motor packages we have showing up at SIMA we're down into adjustments in the 5-10# range to even up the racers, I couldn't break 1:10 on the long track with a modified clone, yet the stock 420cc got me into the 1:05's. Weight is a huge equalizer......or disadvantage. I guess I'm not saying I want my own group of 420's, but we are running them all together just like the different engines in TAG with different weights, and racing is tightening up and getting close. We had 15 4-cycle racers at the last event, really good to see the growth.
Looking at OVKA's standings, they had 4 big block karts in 2012 and then 13 in 2013:)
I'm just happy I can race a kart and compete at my weight, wish they would make it official in the rule set I think it would take off and bring more racers to karting that are typically shunned due to their weight and size.
If I could lose 70#'s I'd get a Lo206 in a heartbeat, but I was a 223# 6'-2" tall 15 year old in high school with not a ounce of fat on me....not gonna happen.

Hey, just an update, Kudo's to Fastermotors.net, Jimbo's Lo206 worked great on James' kart, he got a bunch of practice in and got it nicely dialed in. With both of us having a lot of previous racing experience we found ourselves battling it out in qualifying a few hundredth's apart on a wet track. I had the fastest lap but got hung up in lap traffic and James got the pole.
In the main I got the jump on him on the start and walked away with the win on a drying track. I was expecting James to come up and challenge me but he never showed. Turns out the drying track gobbled up his new rain tires and left him fighting a 3 way battle quite a ways back. My older harder rains really came in on the partially wet track and I was almost 3 seconds a lap faster than I was in qualifying!
Good race James!

RKcarguy-----This weekend at GMR West Coast Kart Club there should be lots of LO206's c'mon up and race we are only 15 minutes from SIMA double header weekend

Greg

I'm glad you are having fun with your LO 206.
That's what karting is supposed to be.
It will give you years of trouble free service.
I'm just a phone call, text or email away if you have questions.

RKcarguy-----This weekend at GMR West Coast Kart Club there should be lots of LO206's c'mon up and race we are only 15 minutes from SIMA double header weekend

Greg

I don't know if they'd like me up there Greg, I'm running a 420cc predator on my kart at nearly 470#'s kart and driver. With my extra 100#'s my lap times are almost identical to the Lo206 guys at 365#'s. I'm 270#'s + geared up so this 420cc has been my only hope to stay in karting. I'd be 40#'s + overweight in every class otherwise from Lo206 to TAG to shifter.

Hey guys, we've got another new racer at our asphalt sprint track that's an office guy and doesn't want to turn any wrenches, thinking he's prime for an LO206. He'll be converting an 09 Italkart TAG chassis, anyone advise where we can send him for a package deal with 15* international mount, header, silencer, chain guard, throttle linkage, clutch, etc?
We're in Washington State.

KART O RAMA in sumner wa 253 891 3490 Roger has sold 50 plus 206 packages in the last year great guy

Back