Lo206 Plug washer and Head Temp lead

135xRacing

Hello first time posting and not sure if this was already discussed. I know what the NKA rules are for the plug but if you remove the washer and place the head temp lead under the plug. Does it really give you an advantage?

Hello first time posting and not sure if this was already discussed. I know what the NKA rules are for the plug but if you remove the washer and place the head temp lead under the plug. Does it really give you an advantage?
Yes, it really does give you an advantage -- that's why there is a rule. If it didn't matter, there would be no need for the rule. Now, if you're thinking that removing that washer will all of the sudden make you competitive, think again. :)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Thanks Brian that is what I wanted to know. I removed the washer and installed the copper head temp lead because that's what we did when we raced animals back in the day. It is my mistake for not understanding the rule. I get that. But didn't think it was that much of an advantage. We were DQ'ed from a race because of it at our local track. And thought that it was a little nit picky. But it is what it is. my mistake we will learn from it.

Thanks Brian that is what I wanted to know. I removed the washer and installed the copper head temp lead because that's what we did when we raced animals back in the day. It is my mistake for not understanding the rule. I get that. But didn't think it was that much of an advantage. We were DQ'ed from a race because of it at our local track. And thought that it was a little nit picky. But it is what it is. my mistake we will learn from it.
yea, it's a rule for a reason. You might remember from your animal days, builders chucking up spark plugs in their lathe and turning an add'l .080" off the shoulder to get the plug down in the combustion chamber deeper for an extra $5-$10. When Dave set forth the L206 rules, that consideration was already understood. Now that we've crossed over to using the 3910X plug, you're getting plenty of displacement in the chamber already, but there's always that "one guy."

Back