Lo206 questions

DCR Motorsports

I have been out of karting for quite a few years and was wondering if you can take a lo206 setup for a cadet class with a red slide and swap it to run the stock slide for senior? If so, does the jet have to be changed? Been trying to find anything out about it and haven't had any luck. Any info would be much appreciated!

Actually, Red slide should already have the green (6100 rpm) coil. Swap the slides, let her rip. When its time for a rebuild or you think the engine is holding you back, then send it to someone to re-tune to adult settings.

Jet cannot be changed in 206, so you are good there. Realistically you might have to move the clip and reset the float height, but again, I wouldnt worry about that until you get some laps in.

Do yourself a favour and buy another needle and retainer so you can leave one mounted in each slide. If you swap it enough at some point you will drop it into the dirt and lose it. Otherwise you should be able to find a setup that works pretty good with both.

I have been out of karting for quite a few years and was wondering if you can take a lo206 setup for a cadet class with a red slide and swap it to run the stock slide for senior? If so, does the jet have to be changed? Been trying to find anything out about it and haven't had any luck. Any info would be much appreciated!
Swap out the slides and have at it. Clip in the needle on 2nd or 3rd notch from the top.
The coil should be the same - no need to replace it.
We have plenty of slides if you need, just give us a call.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back