LO206 questions

Cptwranglr

I read somewhere that the 206 doesn't like the 15 degree mount, is there any truth to that? Should I order a 7 degree? Does the motor come with the throttle linkage? Does it require a specific throttle cable end? Any good clutch recommendations?

15 deg mount will work fine...been using them for years. Exhaust can hit things with the other mounts.
Doesn't come with throttle kit....anyone who sells the motor should have a kit you can get.
I like the Hillard Flame clutch. I don't use the Bully conversion but many do.

We use 15 degree mount on both ours. No issues. You can buy throttle kits, but don't need to. Just use a barrel end cable. We too use the flame with great success. One of the simplest, most effective clutches out there.

We have Jimbos throttle set up and really like how you can fine tune and adjust with. Currently we are running a Hilliard Fury. Started with the standard GE and I've found no difference in performance with similar engagement RPM between them. Main thing is ease of adjustment. The GE needs Popeye forearms and the Hilliard my boy can change the set up. If you are one to change settings often I recommend the Fury or Flame.

15 deg works just fine.

Have fun!

We stock (and use) a Kwik Link style throttle linkage set-up on our 206. Technically you do not need a throttle kit. However, I really like how it holds the cable more stable over the engine and gives a direct shot to the top of the carb. It comes with all of our race-ready LO206 engine packages.

Now, on the kid kart JR LO206 with 4100 rev limiter, I would highly recommend Jimbo's throttle linkage as it slows the throttle response down.

Hilliard clutch is a great option. Stinger is alright, Noram GE is the most economical and durable.

Nothing wrong with the 15* mount. You will probably want to level the carb out a bit though from the way it comes from the factory (it swivels on the intake manifold to keep it more level.)

If you have any more questions, please feel free to contact us directly.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com

Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry

765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Actually using a mount with less than 15* CAN put the air filter in contact with the RR tire.
It depends on other variables.
If you are using LESS than a 15* motor mount and the 5507 pipe you may find that the pipe hits the rear sprocket or chain.
If you want to use a lesser angle motor mount you should use the 5506 pipe but be aware that in some cases this will point the muffler right at the rear bumper. If it's a plastic bumper that could be a problem.
I have never seen any issues with the amount of oil in the engine or the amount of fuel in the carb related to the motor mount angle.
If you have any other questions please ask.
You'll love the LO 206.

Back