Lo206 rain cover ?

morehorsepower

Has any one used or made a rain cover for the air filter ? I got a idea on how to build one but that means I would have to drill a hole in the end of the filter.

Fit it to where the neck of the filter goes through the bottle from the bottom ( bottom cut off, neck of bottle cut to fit air cleaner neck). When filter is mounted to carb with bottle/rain guard on it it will hold itself in place. A picture would help, don't have any handy! Perhaps someone can post one. Really a very simple project if you think about it.

A medium sized plastic coffee can works well.
Screw it to the back end of the air filter

I've made one up with 3m dual lock tape and a plastic bottle. Its like a heavy duty Velcro but is a plastic hook and loop. Stick it to the inside bottom of the bottle, or any handy trackside engineered cover of choice, and the rubber end of the filter. Holds really well. I've always got some in the trailer if needed at a MASS race.

Don would have a picture that you could share? That is what Bill and I are looking for. As we just moved to the LO206 this season.

Our last race was a wet one and we had rain covers by Folgers, Gatorade, Snapple, and more:)
We get dq'd if anything comes off the kart during the race, so most of us screw them into the end of an extra filter and have one for wet one for dry.

Be careful drilling into the filter, it has happened at LO206 events where the filter was demeed to be modified. I know it is a stretch but the competitors were forced to buy new filters to race.

In my mind you have to cove the filter from the top down . These air filters set almost if not on top of the rear tire so you are going to get a lot of splash .
I have look at a cottage cheese container but I think it is to flimsy . So I move on to a hard plastic measuring cup .
Don I would like to know where I can get the super duty velcro .
Marc I am hoping the more I get ready for the rain , it don't rain .

One of the gallon oil jugs work great. I use them on the bigger animal filters and zip tie them to the carb. A number plate work well to shield the carb from spray off the tires

Last night I took a humming bee feeder bottle and cut the bottom, it fit well over the filter. I used some duct tape and poked two holes in it, this will help to keep it on with some zip ties. I also looked at the clearance, it gives the filter a good amount of clearance to breath.

Sports water bottle

The sport bottles that are use in hockey, soccer, football work well,tapered down neck. Just have to cut large end off, place filter inside bottle, then clamp back on to the filter. No screws, just the original filter. No tape or ties. Very clean looking.

JE47

Here it is mounted using the hook and loop Thanks Don !

Hole on both sides to safety wire to carb the hook and loop would hold it in place with out the wire . Its super strong holding power .

Its not centered just put on for pic .

Back