LO206 rules contact information

I'm looking for the MAIN contact person name and contact information behind the LO206 rules, anyone know?? I have some questions for them from the organization I represent.

Dan is your man.
Engine builders and tech men can answer most questions as they need to know, and interpret, the rules correctly.
Dan Pellizari on the west coast and Steve Vermeer in the upper midwest woud both be solid sources for information.
I might be able to help with instructions for tech, but Dan is the final word in Briggs rules.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

G,
I tried e-mailing what you have listed and even swapped the names and there is no such person at basco by my reply back. I do tech also but that isn't what we are after. I'm needing to speak to someone before we (KART) make any changes to our rules.

Kelly,
If you are responsible for making the rules, I would think you would already have Dan's contact info.
Call the BASCO office during business hours and submit the info requested via their voice mail program (last name first, then first if I remember correctly.)
I suggested that you need to speak with Dan. If there is something that I can help with, I'd be glad to offer my help.
Brian

Kelly
I think during this time when 97% of the people in this country are sheltering at home a lot of them are spending a lot of time in front of their computer. I'm wondering if Briggs racing isn't getting inundated with emails about all kinds of stuff.
What is it you want to know? If i can't answer your question i'll foreword it to mu contacts at Briggs.
If you don't want to post it on here you can email me at fastermotors4@gmail.com

Kelly
I think during this time when 97% of the people in this country are sheltering at home a lot of them are spending a lot of time in front of their computer. I'm wondering if Briggs racing isn't getting inundated with emails about all kinds of stuff.
What is it you want to know? If i can't answer your question i'll foreword it to mu contacts at Briggs.
If you don't want to post it on here you can email me at fastermotors4@gmail.com

Some of the guys are telling me that the Walbor carb that came with the 206 is now illegal. US 206 rules say that the Walbor is on of the identifying characteristics. Why would sell thousands of motors with the Walbor and then change the rule and say they were illegal Who is right on this.

[/QUOTE]

The Walbro carb is legal (as is the Briggs diamond carb.)
The issue is the venturi was slightly larger on the 1st couple of runs of Walbro carbs, (those used primarily on the old seal engines.) Honestly, it wouldn't matter if they said Walbro or not on them - the venturi is the fail on tech.
Most Walbro carbs are still just fine.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
Linden, IN
765-339-4407

People are constantly misinformed. I heard this same false rumor in late winter/early spring. People regurgitate information they only partly understand and very soon it becomes incorrect. The same thing happened with the seals. I get multiple calls a month telling me someone told them their seal was illegal because it isn’t orange even though the information how to identify your seal has been out there for all to see over and over. The rules are easily viewable online. Much easier to stop listening to people and just educate yourself.

Most people don't seem to have a copy of the rules, cannot comprehend, or ignore the written rules. I feel one of the most important jobs at the track of Tech Inspector is intererpting the rules, making certain they understand them, and getting clarity for anything that needs it.

At one time having a rule book in your pit was a requirement .
This particular rule is poorly written .
The 2 numbers listed are apparently the briggs carb numbers . The waldoro carbs a quite differnt
20200609_180908.jpg
20200609_180908.jpg
20200609_180908.jpg

B,
I found out what I needed to know. It wasn't anything to do with the carb I will say. As for the carb, Carlson hit it on the nose. It took me a few times reading the B&S rules to understand what carb were legal and I have been around a few days!! LOL.

I've said it a hundred times, people rather it's a motor builder or just plane Jane would STOP pushing the envelope, we wouldn't have issues!! And this is in all 2 & 4 cycle motors!!!! I have a daughter (Lindsay) who has and still is very fast in the LO206 class in road racing but I will tell you HONESTLY that it isn't the motor!! She has a BOX STOCK motor!! I check the valve lash, set the carb to my likings before each race and that is it!! That is no BS!!!!!! The speed secret is in the driver and how the chassis gets around the track and I don't mean just on the straightaway.

The Walbro carb is legal (as is the Briggs diamond carb.)
The issue is the venturi was slightly larger on the 1st couple of runs of Walbro carbs, (those used primarily on the old seal engines.) Honestly, it wouldn't matter if they said Walbro or not on them - the venturi is the fail on tech.
Most Walbro carbs are still just fine.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
Is there a identifying mark or number on these 1st run carbs or do you have to dig into the venturi measurment?

The 1st run carbs were all genuine Walbro carbs. Now, that certainly does NOT mean that all genuine Walbro carbs are illegal. There are some particular serial numbers that "can" identify them, but you really need to check them with a no go gauge, as guys are playing games with that area of the carb (even newer carbs.)

Back