lo206

Tim, how would the 206 fare at C-town with the clones? AJs wanting to run Animal limited or open and I'm tempted to buy a lo206 for Ashley. I'm sure they would let her run with them in the medium class, but don't know about the 6100 rpm, we ran a 15-65 in pro clone and turned 6500 and did well with only 5 races this season and 3 there we had 3 top 5 finishes. I have a stinger clutch that I could run also. I would like to see how she would stack up against the clones. Probably be on a 15-62 or 63. I have some pretty strong clones now but man I hate to update them again. One motor is fresh and never raced.
Donnie

I really don't know Donnie , I have not driven a clone for a few years now , but they are sure different now from then for sure . I have only run my 206 at Greensburg , Casey Meyer and myself were the only 206's there , so they put us out with the flat head medium class , had to start at the tail of the field in both heats , but won them both , and won the feature from the pole , and Casey got 2nd in the races that night . If memory serves me right , I was on a 18-61 for gear , and turned 5950 ish rpm's , and it was still pulling at the end of straights . Donnie , it is absolutely a great motor , probably would be safe bet to say the BEST motor ever owned , and I know it would stomp the clone I ran . Wish I could help you out more , I have a clone on the way for races here and there , so I will see how they have changed , but I was told to expect a freshen up after 10 races , people are getting 3-4 years out of a 206 , totally can't see why more people don't get on board with it !

Definitely thinking of getting the 206 for Ashley, as I don't know how many races we'll be able to make with her work schedule. Really like to go to lil-E and run one there. Marvin Thacker loved his so I figure if it's good enough for him it would be for us. Maybe we could all get together the first race at C-town next season with any luck and have 3-4 or5 and let everybody see how they run.
Donnie

Guys, keep talking this over and get with me when you're ready to do something. If you can get a group of guys together (enough for a class) it WILL take off. There's a lot of people on the fence watching right now. I'll help on pricing all I can, especially if we can get enough guys together on this deal. I have a couple race-ready engine packages in the shop right now. There's be a LOT of guys calling and PMing me about prices, durability, rebuild prices, etc. Guys, this engine is the real deal. You will not find a more economical engine package in karting today. (period) Besides, when you get a field of 8-10 of these karts together on the track, the racing can't be beat!

--
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

...You will not find a more economical engine package in karting today. (period) Besides, when you get a field of 8-10 of these karts together on the track, the racing can't be beat!

I'll concur with that. The engine takes very minimal maintenance in comparison to most, which then allows you to really pay attention to chassis tuning. And the racing is close quarters once you figure out your handling.

Definitely thinking of getting the 206 for Ashley, as I don't know how many races we'll be able to make with her work schedule. Really like to go to lil-E and run one there. Marvin Thacker loved his so I figure if it's good enough for him it would be for us. Maybe we could all get together the first race at C-town next season with any luck and have 3-4 or5 and let everybody see how they run.
Donnie

Man Donnie , if there was any racing left at Charlestown , I'd let you put it on a kart for Ashley or AJ to give it a try .

At this point the only thing that I do not like about Lo206 is that nobody else is currently running it at the track and the track decided to get rid of clone. So far nobody supports L0206 at the track currently (it may or may not change) So my choice is to take a risk with the l0206 or run Kt100 Pipe, which should have a decent amount of drivers. I think what would most help build up 206 would to have a exchange program for clones.

or go to another track..

Back