Loaded Tires

Backstory: Raced a race last Saturday (7 days ago) and had to goat/torch 3 sets of white maxxis' down for the feature. Beat them down pretty heavy. Fast forward to last night and wanted to run them in the heat and save fresh for feature. They ran decent for heat, was going to run one set for feature (that particular kart/tire combo handled perfect in heat) and wiped/torched once with goat and they turned to grease/slimy on stand. So went ahead and threw a fresh set on for the feature.

Back to the original question: What do I need to do to the 3 sets that I loaded up with goat? Do I need to wipe with gas and let sit in the sun to pull some prep? Just use a conditioner and set them to the back for a few weeks?

Thanks

Methanol or gas . let them set . I wouldn't torch any more in . quick wipe before going to grid .

Alrighty Ill wipe with gas. How many times? Im going to flip them on the wheels and would like to use for practice and possibly heats before tossing since they still have good rubber left.

not an expert with Maxxis, wash them in hot hot water and simple green. set them up for 3-4 weeks they should harden up hitting them hard every week wont work. this is how we do Burris.

Wipe once a week with goat to keep them fresh and have a goat set of tires for when you are in that situation again.
Wiping with gas, etc., will only pull more oils from the tire drying out that tire, once you wipe prep (adding oil back to tire) it will just soften back up and always be a "goat tire". Once you hit hard with goat, or any harsh prep, thats the characteristic of that tire for life.
I would keep 1 set set aside, because there will come a time where you need a harder goat tire.

The reason the tire got greasy is probably that you tried to force too much goat into the tire. The tire will only take so much prep before it starts to become slimy. Tire just needs to sit a day and "rest" before it starts taking prep again.

Kinda hard to relegate 3 sets of tires to being goat only tires, but I agree with Earl for the most part...."once a goat tire, always a goat tire," especially with Maxxis.
A lot of times with Burris you can let them cure out over time and they can be fast again, but Maxxis that have been loaded up and beat down slow down the more you re-roll and pound in harsh chemicals from the outside. My advice would be to sell two sets while you still can, and keep the third set for a goat set (unless you have multiple karts and need of that many sets of goat whites.)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Kinda hard to relegate 3 sets of tires to being goat only tires, but I agree with Earl for the most part...."once a goat tire, always a goat tire," especially with Maxxis.
A lot of times with Burris you can let them cure out over time and they can be fast again, but Maxxis that have been loaded up and beat down slow down the more you re-roll and pound in harsh chemicals from the outside. My advice would be to sell two sets while you still can, and keep the third set for a goat set (unless you have multiple karts and need of that many sets of goat whites.)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

That is my case, Ive got 3 karts Im entering

Once they get some heat back in them will they act as they did before, or after letting them sit and harden up, they will behave differently than the previous race? Let's say for example out of the box punching 60, they were beat down to punch 50 and raced, and after letting them cure for three weeks they punch 65 (not the case for whites I know but let's just assume). How would you expect them to behave on their next run after you've put some laps on them heated them back up?

Once they get some heat back in them will they act as they did before, or after letting them sit and harden up, they will behave differently than the previous race? Let's say for example out of the box punching 60, they were beat down to punch 50 and raced, and after letting them cure for three weeks they punch 65 (not the case for whites I know but let's just assume). How would you expect them to behave on their next run after you've put some laps on them heated them back up?
Should act the same or better than originally if its for the same conditions with the same chemical until they reach the point that they're just dead rubber and lose outright speed.

Back