local racing

My dad raced karts on dirt ovals and a 3 mile road course in the early to mid 1960s.
Historically, the numbers show the karts on skinny little 5 inchslicks were making 120 plus mph..
Big Time stock cars, scca including teams like Carroll Shelby ran at that track, and the karts are claimed to have been the fastest machines at that facility.
I was at every event as his wing man, but I was 9 when he died, so its vague memories to me aside from the internet pages reporting the news of the day,
But
As much a fan as I am of high speed open wheel oval, that HAS to be exciting, if you have a big enough set to give it a whirl..
Ive never been on a road course like that at speed... would be a woo hoo moment for sure

My dad raced karts on dirt ovals and a 3 mile road course in the early to mid 1960s.
Historically, the numbers show the karts on skinny little 5 inchslicks were making 120 plus mph..
Big Time stock cars, scca including teams like Carroll Shelby ran at that track, and the karts are claimed to have been the fastest machines at that facility.
I was at every event as his wing man, but I was 9 when he died, so its vague memories to me aside from the internet pages reporting the news of the day,
But
As much a fan as I am of high speed open wheel oval, that HAS to be exciting, if you have a big enough set to give it a whirl..
Ive never been on a road course like that at speed... would be a woo hoo moment for sure
Wow. My distant uncle is Bob Bondurant who raced for Shelby in the 60's and 70's. I used to be a huge fan of GT racing and LMP, but now F1 has crushed them and became my new favorite. Im tryna get to F1 by starting with karting.

The big road courses are fun, too. Mine has a 2,980 ft. long straight. The Enduros and Superkarts have hit 145 MPH!!

These are the types of cage karts i was talking about.

Bought a Minecon and converted it with the Toigo cage. First one i did was a Banshee with a champ cage that i re-bent the front bars to fit and built my own receivers so it can be done for someone with a little elbow grease and a small budget. We won a few races in the Banshee but once we got the Minecon we really turned up.

One local track typically has 5-8 in the red and green plate classes and it tapers off as they get older. It is a smaller narrower track where speeds aren't so extreme that you waste a car when they wreck. We moved on to Junior sprints because the kart counts just weren't there and it was getting to be drama every night towards the end, thats the bad part about racing against a handful of people. But the QRC style karts are slowly gaining momentum.

Like was pointed out Mom and Grandma are OK with seat belts and a cage.
Toigo is local to me, are big supporters to this type of karting. And build good equipment.
There are others, too, it is popular here..

Back