locking

formura

i have a issue with my brakes..i have done bleeding so many times changed MC still my tires are not locking when brakes are applied

Kart brakes are extremely simple systems with a caliper and a master cylinder. IF you have already changed the MC with no improvement then I'd change the caliper and pads. Its the only thing left.

I have found kart brakes to be a pain. They (mine) don't bleed like car brakes. If you wait for the flow to stop, it sucks air back in.
I have to shut the bleed midway to keep air out.

Won't lock in motion or at rest ?
Kart brakes are pretty weak to start with .
How close are the pads to the disc?
How old is the chassis ?

Is the key in the axle? Just kidding. Chances are you're not bleeding the brakes right, seen it before. (hint: don't pump the pedal and make sure the bleeder screw is the highest point in the system).

Is the key in the axle? Just kidding. Chances are you're not bleeding the brakes right, seen it before. (hint: don't pump the pedal and make sure the bleeder screw is the highest point in the system).
LoL I won a race years ago just by luck a caution was called & under yellow I noticed the leader's rotor wasn't turning at times. On the restart I just dove under him on corner entry. His key had fallen out & every time he touched his brake under caution the rotor would stop butt he kept on rolling.

Yes, they should lock up. I have 6 karts and they all lock up. Fluid type wont make a difference on locking up or not just that some seals aren't compatible with some fluids. The big hangup on dot5 is boiling point. On dirt chassis i cant imagine you can be on the brakes that much and have a chance at winning. I have one kart that has Wesson cooking oil in it. Its been in it for 17 years, I'm kinda waiting it out to see if it ever fails. So far so good.

Have you tried taking a close look at the caliper. Those pads wear out sometimes and/or it's possible that they glaze over. I've had that happen to me. A friend wanted me to try some new pads and in the next heat I almost couldn't stop. The pads had glazed over. Rear pads also have a limit to how much they can travel.

Back