Long lasting tires

Justinosteen

My buddy and I are just playing at a local sprint track during the week and want a tire that will last a long time. We don’t care as much about grip/speed since we will be the only ones on the track. What’s the best option for us?

For asphalt those Duros last a long time since they are rental, but performance wise they won't give you much if any grip. You might have more fun with any of the hardest tires for racing. I personally love MGs. The MGs punch at 56 on the duro. They give you great performance and the best thing is compared to other racing tires they don't perform much worse as they get old. JMO

The Duros will not disappoint you unless you want to spend more to have the same amount of fun. Our race series CKT has been utilizing them for 5 years now in classes with 30 drivers battling for the yearly Championship spot.

What engine are you running? Of course racing tires don't last much when I am on my 50s hp Wankel (Aixro XR50) or on my KZ shifter Modena engine (hp on 50s too), but they do last a long time if have the right setup with 100 cc reed/rotary engines and much more with Yamaha KT100s. If you go to a National sprint race you can even get free used tires from some many drivers who left them at the track after just a few laps. They will be more than good enough for practice, or some might sell them to you for very low prices.

Back