Longer titanium valves and rocker geometry.

jsf74

My Predator head has larger diameter and longer titanium .5mm valves. When bolting my champion rockers on it looks like i need to shim them up approximately .300 to get the proper geometry. Any issues with this or am I missing something.

That's a big shim . The possibility of it coming loose or rotating is a concern .
The shim would need too be perfectly flat .
Shorter pushrods would that cause rocker too retainer clearance problems ?

That's a big shim . The possibility of it coming loose or rotating is a concern .
The shim would need too be perfectly flat .
Shorter pushrods would that cause rocker too retainer clearance problems ?
Not clearance problems but a awfully steep angle from valve tip to pushrod. Worried about side loading valves with heavy springs.

How much longer are the valves from stock? I'd think if you had to shim up the pedestal the same amount or so. I know when I do some of my animal stuff the pushrod end is usually lower than the roller tip by about 7-10 degrees.

How much longer are the valves from stock? I'd think if you had to shim up the pedestal the same amount or so. I know when I do some of my animal stuff the pushrod end is usually lower than the roller tip by about 7-10 degrees.
Ill have to measure the angle but don’t think im any more than that with only 1 shim. Maybe im concerned about a problem I don’t actually have.

Back