Longevity in Race Engines

Now Bob I know you own this site and disagree with me totally. But this is just my opinion.
The Lo 206 and the Animal would make things a lot better and simpler.
Lo 206 for kids and beginner adults.
Animal for everyone else that needs more speed. Animal limited modified for those who really want to go fast. Open Animal for the rest of us.
All based on the same engine. same mfg. All designed as a racing engine specifically for karts. Not generators or water pumps @3500 rpms. Rules have not changed for the lo206 at all. Animal rules are very close to original set. No changes in the last 10 years that I am aware of.

By the way Bob , I hope your health is improving. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

What we would like to see is often different from the real world, Brian. :) Besides, I was referring to 4 stroke karting.

Exactly, we don't need a new anything!! A new Briggs motor would double the number of classes also.

Everyone whines about $100, $500, or $1000 motors, but in all these years with this site, I've yet to recall any complaint about $3000 or $4000 chassis prices.
Cost control is, IMO, something that need to be controlled at the organizational level, but as of yet, no org has shown a big enough pair to stand up to the manufacturers, because that's where the deep pockets are, and it's really hard to resist the big check.
Besides, ~85% of karters aren't going to join anything, anyway. :) So any organization with any "teeth" is pretty much out of the question.

So, that leaves us with many splintered small groups in the middle of chaos, each with their own idea's of what's going to "Save Karting"

I'm not a smart enough man to know what needs to be done, but I am smart enough to know that those who tell me that they know, probably don't know either. :)

That's enough ranting for now.

I was being facetious, Bob. Well, sorta. ;)

Ha ha ,
I'm not drinking the lo206 Kool Aid .
Great package , I'm sure , just not my cup of tea .
I Gotta Tinker with it .

and disagree with me totally.
But I don't disagree totally. The LO206 is a good motor, because it's an Animal with seals and such, and the Animal is a good motor. It's doing well in sprint racing, and more power to them. I don't think it bothers the oval guys much that they're running the 206 in sprint.

In the mid 2000's, when the animal came out, folks seem to forget how quickly it escalated to a $1600+ motor in oval racing. And that was 15 years ago. I'm not sure how sustainable that path would have been, but we'll never know.
Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda :giggle:

Now Bob I know you own this site and disagree with me totally. But this is just my opinion.
The Lo 206 and the Animal would make things a lot better and simpler.
Lo 206 for kids and beginner adults.
Animal for everyone else that needs more speed. Animal limited modified for those who really want to go fast. Open Animal for the rest of us.
All based on the same engine. same mfg. All designed as a racing engine specifically for karts. Not generators or water pumps @3500 rpms. Rules have not changed for the lo206 at all. Animal rules are very close to original set. No changes in the last 10 years that I am aware of.

By the way Bob , I hope your health is improving. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
I think adults and champs should be on animal, but.... the rules changed LOTS after it first came out ( as the clone did also ), and the reason there hasnt been many rule changes is because the support for it isnt there as it has been with the clones.

Back