Looking for 1.3 stamped rockers gx390/420cc

slufoot78

Hello, I'm looking for some 1.3 stamped rockers for a couple 420cc/gx390 builds. Nobody seems to have them in stock. Is there a company that still makes them or someone know where I might buy a couple sets? Really don't want to go to rollers at this time. Thanks for any information and have a blessed day.

Thanks for the reply,
I looked but all I could find on NR was roller tip 1.3's and full rollers..
contacted Stout racing and they have champion style rockers but no stamped steel 1.3's
So still looking :)

What are the specs on a stock gx390 cam? What can we expect from a 390 by using 1.3s? Springs to use? Powerband? Who's done this?

I have the billet steel 1.23 ratio rockers on a cam which I believe is the stock vegas 460 cam? Pulls smooth to well over 6000rpm on a sprint track, but the power is probably all in before that.
I did use the same rockers on a stock cam originally for a short while, just gives a little bit more everywhere. The stock gx390 cam comes on harder than the vegas cam in the 3-4000 rpm range but dies off quicker. The cam with just a little bit more duration really smoothed out the power and made it more enjoyable to drive.
For the price of the vegas cam ($50?) I would put that in first, and add 1.3 rockers later if you find yourself wanting a little more. I've got the springs NR sell, 55lb I think. Overkill but they haven't caused any issues.

Back