looking for 100cc engines and setups..

They are pretty.... Always did like a redhead...

Attachments

• 003 (6).jpg
    003 (6).jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 40
All the Engines from that era were very very competitive with each other..... Parilla reedjet, PCR-TSL98 , Vortex VL/C , Dap-t85, Comer MIK351L , CRG S10-T1, JAKO 2LA, Italsistem ML31,,,, I have ran just about all of them & they all are fast... here in the U.S.A the REEDJET got most of the pub... because of I.A.M.E. but i would take anyone of them and be Just Fine....... JMHO.... just look at old results from across the pond......

Part of the popularity of the Reedjets came form the success of Fernando alonso as a teenager driving for IAME, especially when running the TT75s and the JICA. Everybody thought it was the engine, but in fact it wasn't the fastest engine at all.

Not sure I agree with this - the TT75 (and its Sirio cousins) was very successful during the 92 homologation period. Rotax and PCR were really the only other serious competitors at that point.

Also for what it's worth, I don't think Fernando Alonso was not old enough to race a TT75 (senior category engine) when it was current. He would have been running the PV92 JICA.

Not sure I agree with this - the TT75 (and its Sirio cousins) was very successful during the 92 homologation period. Rotax and PCR were really the only other serious competitors at that point.

Also for what it's worth, I don't think Fernando Alonso was not old enough to race a TT75 (senior category engine) when it was current. He would have been running the PV92 JICA.
I know he was very young and TT75 shows was in 1992 homologation and even earlier though it was still run years later and Fernando Alonso raced on my region Championship and he did race TT75s in the Nationals against the factory Arisco engines like my IDK from the pic under my name. if you don't believe me I'll get you pictures of him and Antonio Garcia both racing TT75s after having both won the JICA/CIK FIA World Championship (both) for IAME when running the Jr engines. Added to that they also run the MAG95s and the reedjets and then the rotary SA engines but they did race ICA with the TT75s for the factory and I can prove it to you if you do not believe. Added to that do not forget that in certain competitions Jr driverscwere already allowed on the ICA classes too. My most stupid memory is my good buddy who owned my favorite track in Spain offering me a Mike Wilson chassis with an SA rotary Parilla for a great price. I tried that beast but being tight on money back then I didn't buy it. Years later we found outvit was one of the karts Fernando ran for Parilla in Super A and today it is worth a lot of money. He even bought back some of them forvhis Museum at the karting track he built.

Last edited:
I know hecwas very young and TT75 shows was in 1992 homologation and even earlier though it was still run years later and Fernando Alonso raced on my region Championship and he did race TT75s in the Nationals against the factory Arisco engines like my IDK from the pic under my name. if you don't believe me I'll get you pictures of him and Antonio Garcia both racing TT75s after having both won the JICA/CIK FIA World Championship (both) for IAME when running the Jr engines. Added to that they also run the MAG95s and the reedjets and then the rotary SA engines but they did race ICA with the TT75s for the factory and I can prove it to you if you do not believe. Added to that do not forget that in certain competitions Jr driverscwere already allowed on the ICA classes too. My most stupid memory is my good buddy who owned my favorite track in Spain offering me a Mike Wilson chassis with an SA rotary Parilla for a great price. I tried that beast but being tight on money back then I didn't buy it. Years later we found outvit was one of the karts Fernando ran for Parilla in Super A and today it is worth a lot of money. He even bought back some of them forvhis Museum at the karting track he built.
Would love to see photos of Alonso racing a TT75 at that age, please post!

I will when I findvthem on my old pics wherever they are. Remember the homologation year doesn't mean an engine hasn't been run for a way longer period or on later homologation periods. The reedjets were not used till the very late 90s, and again in many competitions, especially at national level or even some international, Junior drivers were allowed to run ICA, so many of them were running JICA and ICA the same year. There were also special provisions to allow certain drivers run classes for older drivers at certain competitions. In fact Alonso even if he was very
sucesful running ICA he still had to compete in World Championships the JICA class, and he did win not even with the PV92, but with the PV95 in 1996, but that doesn't mean he hadn't been already racing ICA at other competitions. In any casw the Reedjet belongs to 1998 Homologation, same as my TSL98s PCRs, so he only used the Reedjets that season at national level since for international competitions he was racing the SA class and in 1999 he was already racing open wheelers. in fact I was there for his 1st open wheeler competition in the Open Nissan series. For now this a picture running SA in his last years in Karting.
1640391490646.png

And one of the Karts he ran in JICA.
1640391343125.png

Last edited:
No, Chuck, those in the pics are rotary and piston port Parillas, not reeds. I explainit on the post. With all the mess with my mom it is hard for mevto find my real paper old karting pictures here at home in Spain and the mags are in the US stored somewhere but I will find them.

Back