Looking for a engine builder

HM #14

I looking for a builder for my flatheads. Have 2 unrestricted I need rebuilt and looking for a good person or shop to do it. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I looking for a builder for my flatheads. Have 2 unrestricted I need rebuilt and looking for a good person or shop to do it. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I would look local, for one you can drop the engines off instead of shipping, a local builder may have info to share for tracks you run, and if you have a problem he may be at the track you run

Jrpw is great also!! I have no complaints about power or customer service!!
Jimmy has answered any questions i have had and has givin great support.

Lots of good choices listed here. Call a few of the more reputable builders and ask questions. You need to be able to trust your engine builder. We are located in Indiana but race in Illinois weekly. If there's anything we can help you with (even if it's just answering your questions), please feel free to call on us.

Our rebuilds are $175 +parts. Not the cheapest, but certainly not the most expensive either.
We have a full line kart shop also featuring clutch and tire work, so one shop can meet all of your karting needs.

25 years full time in this business now -- if we can't help you, there's something wrong. ;)

Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

cost or what you have to spend may play a big part of your choice. I like the local option as well.
if u send to most builders and its not there engine there is additinol cost.
cost range 350 -800 +

I would vote moon power...cant go wrong with national built motors that will be up front any where nation wide.....

Any of the ones mentioned will get the job done. I personally run Turner Engines and have been running them for many years. Great service, fast turn around on rebuilds, super power, unquestionable reliability, reasonable pricing, and just an all around good guy to deal with. If I had to pick a second buider it would be JRPW. I have never ran one of Jimmy's motors, but have had a few phone conversations with him, and he always took the time to talk. I think that says a lot about a person.....I wasn't his customer, yet he treated me like one. Good luck with whoever you choose. rick

If You Want The Best In The Midwest And Beyond, HandsDown Keller Performance Center Out Of Indiana. These Motors Dominated At Many Of The Midwest Finest Tracks, From Indiana To Ohio And Beyond. This Engine Builder Not Only Builds For The U.s.A. But World Wide. Ask For Andy Keller. 765 827 5225. You Will Not Be Disappointed His Motors BroughT Home At Least 6 Championships And I'mSure more. Well Worth At Least A Phone Call.

Back