Looking for a good driver friendly kart ..

Looking for a good driver friendly kart that would he good to learn on and get some races under my belt..running dirt oval ...believe guys they are 1\8 & 1\10 size tracks ...what good brands / models ?? Thanks

Phantom , Ultramax or Trick / Slack I believe is big in Ohio.
Everybody has there favorite.
Id look for a Triton .
easy to find , good support , parts are available.
Reasonably .priced .

Infinti XXX or Epic.
Support? all karts have the same adjustments, info is out there, you cant expect manufactures to hold your hand.
I don't mind feeding the baby a bottle, but when I have to part the hair on his face to find his mouth I draw the line

Kyle, The major brand chassis would be the first place to look. I suggest looking at whats winning at your local tracks. I will tell you that you need to look at their tire program.This can make or brake you. Now as far as chassis goes I would look for a good used triton,ultramax, or charger. They are a few small builders that make very good chassis, infiniti, kenetic, come to mind.
if you look on youtube you can find a lot of setup info. Just remember do your homework before you buy a used chassis.
If you have any questions send me a pm.

hope this helps

IMO, until your driver can turn laps within .1 consistently, chassis brand doesn't matter. But you want it to be fast enough to learn the appropriate skillset. Seat time is king, as is practice days learning what does what to handling. Otherwise, you'll always be guessing and relying on other people's voodoo explanations and suggestions as to what to do, and always chasing things to improve that aren't really helping. Once you know it's not the driver, or not the chassis, you can make improvements in the appropriate direction. Either get a known-quantity chassis, have a good driver verify the setup, then go ride until you're as quick as s/he is, or focus on your driving and then find a chassis and adjust it until you find the speed you need. If you're not adaptable as a driver, you'll have to find a chassis that works for your style and the tracks you're on, and that's an equation that can't be solved by anyone else.

Infinti XXX or Epic.
Support? all karts have the same adjustments, info is out there, you cant expect manufactures to hold your hand.
I don't mind feeding the baby a bottle, but when I have to part the hair on his face to find his mouth I draw the line

Now that's true and funny both!

Back