Looking for an SMC 1 1/4" axel clutch..........Going to Mid-Ohio next week and discovered during preparations that the studs in mine are leaking.

Hoppy

Looking for an SMC 1 1/4" axel clutch..........Going to Mid-Ohio next week and discovered during preparations that the studs in mine are leaking. Thanks

The studs is the other part that can frequently leak if you use an impact or too much torque when tightening the sprocket but it is an easy fix replacing studs and seals. Anyway I have an spare one you could borrow. When do you say you are gonna race enduro? I thought next weekend you were gonba race dirt at Jasper. If so I don't have it here with me but I could try to get it from the place I keep then (an hour drive more or kess) and take it to Jasper. It is set with enduro weights with brass weight on each big weight butbeasy to set Iit as you need. Wish you would have told me before Saturday when I was picking stuff there. I have too many karts and stuff to keep them with me. Text or call me.

It is probably easier to remove the studs, clean them and the drum, loctite and reinstall, then it is to pull the axle to replace the clutch

Back