Looking for comparable tire prep to LS-4

Arik434

Anyone have any recommendations for a more aggressive wipe on tire prep similar to LS4? I’ve been using that with good results, but my wife is ready to kill me because of the lingering smell of the tires. I’ve come to the conclusion that she’s not wrong. I got started with the LS line due to the availability and local guys using it, but I’m ready to try something new. I know that a set of tires that came on a kart I bought last year smells delightful…so I realize there are other options of scented preps out there. Just curious how they compare.

Thanks for the info.

Arik

All Aggressive preps will smell stronger , might not be the exact same but anything near same strength will be more bothersome, that delightful smelling prep was more comparable to LS 1. There are some Aggressive preps with Wintergreen smell might not be as overwhelming to you, Palmettos used to make one called soft heavy but I know they don't make that anymore, but might still have a mix that has the wintergreen scent.

@Arik434 , Our Monster Bite works similarly to LS-4 in that it adds a ton of bite and softens (2-3 points per wipe.) Best used as a pre-race wipe in my opinion. but can be used during the week to drop the duro to where you want it too. FWIW, it has a wintergreen / black licorice scent. Certainly a strong odor, but I think that you (and the misses) will agree that it smells better than all the goat/green concoctions out there. :)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Isn't wintergreen essential oil literally the kind that's used in the prep? I noticed at the stores that's the only essential oil that has a protective top

Anyone have any recommendations for a more aggressive wipe on tire prep similar to LS4? I’ve been using that with good results, but my wife is ready to kill me because of the lingering smell of the tires. I’ve come to the conclusion that she’s not wrong. I got started with the LS line due to the availability and local guys using it, but I’m ready to try something new. I know that a set of tires that came on a kart I bought last year smells delightful…so I realize there are other options of scented preps out there. Just curious how they compare.

Thanks for the info.

Arik
I realize this is an older post but if you're still looking I'd recommend Payne Speed Shop's prep line. They're on FB and have several distributors. Jerry Welch in Maynardville TN is who I use. Their prep line is scented and the smell is not off putting like many others. The PSS purple should be close to what you're looking for.

Thanks for the info.

Arik
Did you ever try moonshine prep from Wesley LaBlanc/ CKI karting, his bubblegum smells good,LOL, and is a very aggressive prep.

I realize this is an older post but if you're still looking I'd recommend Payne Speed Shop's prep line. They're on FB and have several distributors. Jerry Welch in Maynardville TN is who I use. Their prep line is scented and the smell is not off putting like many others. The PSS purple should be close to what you're looking for.
agree, PSS has a great prep line

Back