Looking for more top end suggestions

Hemi predator . I’m looking for suggestions for more top end . Stock motor , mini bike open exhaust pipe, K and N style air filter, and bigger main jet. Basically I’m unsure what the next step would be . I am assuming a different cam . Thanks

I was going to put 10.8 springs in . But it sounds like I won’t get an rpm gain just by that . So my next upgrade would be like a cl2 cam . Will I see more rpm by those 2 items

I was going to put 10.8 springs in . But it sounds like I won’t get an rpm gain just by that . So my next upgrade would be like a cl2 cam . Will I see more rpm by those 2 items
If your not bound by rules my pick would be an Isky Mamba Jr i have 2 in play motors and work well with no interference problems. The CL series along with Bsp's etc are stock class spec cams also the Isky is a welded cam just be sure to use at least 18 - 22 # springs billet rod and flywheel.

I'm fond of the old quote "compression is the Holy Grail". How much modification work are you capable of? I think that engine comes with a "dished" piston, it would help to replace that with a flat top piston. More compression calls for a colder plug. More timing. A longer duration, higher lift cam would help. What octane fuel are you using now?

Purchase a mod 2 cam, 22lb springs, and move the timing to 32 degrees. Pay attention to the rod every few hrs or purchase a billet for piece of mind

Thanks for all the input . I was looking to step this motor up rpm wise mildly. And I have a bunch of CL cams laying around . I am going to try a CL cam , some Stiffer springs and some more timing

You shouldn't be running higher rpm with the stock connecting rod, they're the weakest point in these factory engines. You're supposed to change the flywheel too for your safety, but the connecting rod WILL let go eventually under higher than the stock valve springs will allow you to go (stocks suffer from valve float which stops the rpm's going higher than about 5200-5500) Replace it if you care to not damage your engine.

Back