Looking for new chassis

krtrcn

Im currently on a 2013 triton. The kart is very fast and competitive on a local level. When we go to a series race we are up against newer or brand new karts and we do good but not as good.
First I looked at my tire program and I really dont think that thats causing the problem. I also know that some of these guys are real hotshoes.
Should I start looking for a newer maybe faster chassis or stick with what we have.
Then when I start looking at new frames, I see one brand at local tracks but not at this series. Then I see a new upstart builder winning just about everything.
I've been in this sport a long time and this is the first time I'm having trouble choosing what to do. Do I follow the masses and go with a major brand or go with a new comer.

if you have been around karting for a min then it wouldn't be a surprise if someone said tires, tires, and more tires. there very well could be a better chassis avalible, that being said I believe that if any "hot shoe" was still on a triton they would still be winning.

Guys again the replies are getting off topic. Ive already had several tire guys offering me their services. I have spent a lot of time and effort in my tires.

I guess the point I should have made is that at a local level I'm seeing not or very few new 2019 2020 model karts. Most guys are on a chassis around 5 years old or older. Then when I go to the series race I see no chassis older than 3 years old.
My chassis is not bent, tweaked or wrecked. We are just not as fast at the series level, so should I consider investing in a newer chassis. Then when looking at a new chassis do I follow the masses and go with a major brand or a new builder who's winning just about everything on a bigger lever.

Read the thread screwed over by kart shop .
Individual service is great , if you get it .
Big name you have a big data base .
New chassis is always nice , will it gain you instant speed ?
Maybe , your tires may need adjusted to suit the chassis .
If the local hot chassis is close i might be tempted to go with that .

I don't think you will find any chassis really faster than the triton when setup right. There are several others just as good but I doubt any are better. Who's the new builder winning everything? At the local level I am seeing kinetik win a lot and even at local level I am seeing most are on 2017 or newer karts. The tritons that I see running are still running upfront although they are getting older.

Unless your racing a series that only uses 1 race track and you have proven results of which 33 several sets are not going to cut it, even so several sets won't cut it, several sets times 5 min, even If you get a new chassis several sets of tires won't cut it especially if the series is different tracks, 33 racing against the hot shoes is tough, If your making some speed I'd stick with your chassis and invest in more tires, at the bare minimum you should show up to a series race with 7 sets, 6 of which should never have been prepped or very little if ever and never aggressive, 1 set of 2020 round cut, 1 set of 2020 flat cut, 1 set of 2019 round cut, 1 set 2019 flat cut, 1 set of 2018 round cut, 1 set of 2018 flat cut, then 1 set of 2019 that have been prepped in case early to qualify it requires prep, then it's all getting on the right set at the right time as there can be 4 th to 6 th difference If you stay on a 2020 to qualify when you need a 2019 flat cut, OR reverse if you go to a 2018 to qualify when you should of been on the 2020 set.
I sent you a PM about your set up If you respond there may be a little speed to be found there.
Good Luck !!

Guys again the replies are getting off topic. Ive already had several tire guys offering me their services. I have spent a lot of time and effort in my tires.

I guess the point I should have made is that at a local level I'm seeing not or very few new 2019 2020 model karts. Most guys are on a chassis around 5 years old or older. Then when I go to the series race I see no chassis older than 3 years old.
My chassis is not bent, tweaked or wrecked. We are just not as fast at the series level, so should I consider investing in a newer chassis. Then when looking at a new chassis do I follow the masses and go with a major brand or a new builder who's winning just about everything on a bigger lever.
I'd say NO as your not going to see much change in results, Unless one of the hot shoes is a dealer and takes you under his wing and gives tire support as well.

There's tire guy's then there's guy's that think there tire guy's ( I know a good bit about Burris 33's, more than most BUT I'd never claim to be a tire guy ), There is NO chassis winning about everything just because of the chassis, it's who's in the seat, wrenching them, and the tire guy is a real tire guy.

to get back to your question, imo buying a new chassis will almost never be faster from the start. it "might" have more speed potential, but finding the sweet spot on that said new chassis and adjusting your tire game isn't going to be a flip of the switch. work on tires get up front.

and I wasn't saying that to discredit your tire game, but you might have a little speed that could be found in your chassis as well. when running with the big boys every .01 helps.

By all means , you need to buy a new chassis. Look at the chassis the top 3 are riding for a few weeks and then make your choice. Also use the same prep they use same engine builder. And have your tires cut by the same guy they use. Should put you in the winners circle.
Unless it is not the chassis that is slowing your racing down. But that is one way to find out.

Back