Looking for some help getting started

Alex242

Hello my father (60) and myself (28) are looking to get into kart racing. I’m looking for someone I can get in contact with that could help us navigate getting started. We’re located on Northeasten Kentucky. Thanks!

Go to the track you’re planning on racing to evaluate the different classes offered. There you’ll learn about tire rule if any, motor options, weight classes, & look to see what chassis/motor combo top finishers are running.
Ultimately, you’ll find with the right chassis/motor it ends up being 95% about your tire prep program.

There are many types of kart racing.
Dirt oval, paved oval, sprint (usually small, eg: up to 1/2 miles road courses), and road racing (racing on sports car tracks).
What are you and your dad interested in? There are folks on the forum who can send you in the right direction.
It's a great sport. Especially for a father and son.....dad and a lad as they say in the UK!
Welcome and have a GREAT time. So, ask away!
Clark Gaynor Sr.

Hello my father (60) and myself (28) are looking to get into kart racing. I’m looking for someone I can get in contact with that could help us navigate getting started. We’re located on Northeasten Kentucky. Thanks!
Get in touch with Chase at BRB. 859.556.9454

Sorry should’ve specified it would be dirt oval. We have been to a few races still just a little confusing .

Mike 97760 should be a wealth of information .
Otherwise adult your looking at clone
Or predator. Generally.
If highly skilled mechanically you could go the modified route.
You need a flat kart lto
( left turn only ) hopefully something no less then 10 years old , 5 , or less is more desirable. As parts and info is readily avalible.

The above advice from others should be your Golden Rule. Find the tracks nearby, go to a few race days, and ask lots of questions. I wasted almost a year (and I don't even want to think of how much money) doing all of the wrong things while trying to get my son started. Once we found our "home" track, there was a ready-made database of people to help. And after months of flushing money and time down the drain, we were up and running in a matter of weeks.

Back