Looking for some Kart Assembly help

Ok here it goes hope some can understand what Im asking
I have a chassis I am building from the ground up so when I got it was a bare frame. I now have everything I put the axle on hubs on front is on but my questions are.
Is there a formula on where to set the seat and how hi the seat should be from the axle and how far to one side or the other?

Is there a formula on how far over the right side and left side hub should be from frame?

Is there a formula on how far the motor mount should be as far as placement?

So by formula I mean like a starting point. I know it will need to be adjusted on a scale and stuff but Id like to have it as close as I can before I take it to a shop to be scaled so its not as much work for the guy adjusting it for me.

Thanks

Add what kinda kart frame you have that will let other people know what kinda starting point to lead you toward the rear lip of the seat must be 8.5-9 inches above rear axle I believe (anyone correct me if im wrong) for saftey reasons and to follow wka rules if the tracks you run at follow those rules also make sure you are comfortable and you can see over the steering wheel easiest way we get seat positioned is not tighten struts to the frame all the way so slide the seat side to side to dail in cross weight and to clear motor and chain gaurd motor mount depends on gearing you run bigger rear gear farther back the motor will be for instance smaller gear move it foward to take some slack out of chain front end may have to be moved in and out when scaling we put are in the middle and move in and out according to what the scales say hope this helps answer some questions

AKRA ofset Dirt Kart Made by undertaker in 05. What I ment about the motor mount Is how far to the right or left for a clone not how to tighten the tention in the chain.

That will depend on aligning the chain and if you run clutch inboard or outboard and how far you can move the sprocket hub you want the chain as straight as possible

AKRA ofset Dirt Kart Made by undertaker in 05. What I ment about the motor mount Is how far to the right or left for a clone not how to tighten the tention in the chain.
I know some who want the engine just in front of the nerf bar mount. They will set chain length accordingly.

Check out the PRC videos on YouTube for seat mounting tips and rear axle setup. Good information that you can apply to most oval karts. Start with the engine mount and rear sprocket alignment. I think if you set the top plate of the mount 1/2" or so to the left you should be able to align the sprocket with your clutch (engine mounted) and still have plenty of clearance for the seat strut, seat and clutch guard. Set your RR hub so your wheel is 3/16-1/4" off the frame rail. I don't know what undertaker recommends but adjust the lr hub to get tread width from outside of contact patch of right rear tire to outside of contact patch of left rear. 39 1/4" would probably be an OK starting point. Set your front hubs as narrow as possible while still allowing clearance when turning full right and left. I don't know what size or type of track but typically on here I see people recommending from 3.5-4.5" from right seat strut to the motor mount rail.

The 05 Undertaker was built by Mike Ward/ Infiniti chassis
46% Nose
55-57% LS
62% Cross
Stock Caster
-3.25 RF Camber
+.75 LF Camber
RS Seat strut 3.75 off motor rail, 8.5 in. off the axle
Front of seat centered on the steering upright, level with the bottom of the frame
38.75 in rear track
RR tire as close as you can get it to the frame with out touching, somewhere about an 1/8, make sure if you dont have a double clamping RR hub, you back the hub up with a lock collar, pin the RR bearing to the axle, make sure the rear tie rod fits loosely this rod isnt for adjustment just for LR support.
Front hubs in as far as you can get them with out them hitting anything, tie rods as level as possible, and both in the center holes on the spindle arms to start
This should get you in the ballpark

the 05 was actually built by murfab in nc, this kart was very similar to the laser.i believe it was 07 when ward started building them as ownership changed hands. get the setup numbers for the laser av4 and you will be good on that kart.

the 05 was actually built by murfab in nc, this kart was very similar to the laser.i believe it was 07 when ward started building them as ownership changed hands. get the setup numbers for the laser av4 and you will be good on that kart.
05 was built by Wards, it was almost copy of the 05 XXX, the 06 Undertaker was a copy of the Epic

Back