Looking for suggestions.. Dirt or asphalt?

packdaddy

I've looked everywhere online but either sites no longer exist or I just can't find what I'm looking for. Currently living in Durham, NC. Trying to get started in Karting. Had a margay as a kid that my father and I would just find an empty parking lot to ride around in but no further experience.

I know that Kenly, NC has a nice oval, or did. But as far as asphalt I'm in the dark. The only thing I can find on VIR's site is info about the rentals..

Basically I'm looking for something close. Or at least in a couple hours range. Closer the better. I've heard dirt is much cheaper just hate the thought of only turning left.

Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Go to the search box at top right of this page. Type in "Google map of kart tracks", there is a post by owenracing9 with a link to the map. Zoom in to your area and you can see what's there. Click on the balloon to get info about the track (phone, website, etc.). Hope this helps. Joe

How far to Loris SC, the best around dirt oval and very good people, Southern Kartway, (Mr Danny) Hull island Rd, L:eek:ris SC ask anyone in karting this way about track and people..................

Thanks for the info guys! Looks like Liberty, NC will be closest. Planning on running the Predator class with the turnout & cost. Looking for an 05' and up roller if you have anything for sale!?

How far away are you, i'am in Conway SC,./... over 60 years old, decide to take it easy, has 2007 Ultramax Inferno not much races on it, has some spare tires / rims, flat head, animal, Micron 3, 2 disc bully clutch, electric kart stand, electric starter, tire changer and more come see and make me an offer, getting too old for this .................Lake Singh....PM me i'll give you my phone #......

KERSHAW S.C. has a great track.. sprint.. and good competition.. Carolina Motorsports Park.. not sure how long of a drive that is for you though

That does look like a nice facility. Can asphalt even compare to the cost of dirt though? I understand everything is expensive but sprint karts seem much higher. True?

I think in the East Coast they are all about oval racing...... so there would be more interest at your neck of the woods as far as oval tracks availability goes. But who knows, do some research, I'm sure there are alsphat sprint guys too. If road racing is more your cup of tea then I would say stick to that. But if getting to know more karting folks and more places to run and race against is a big deal to you, who knows, give oval a shot..... you might end up liking it too.

Back