Looking to build a electric lift kart

supermanJAE

With me being a one man team. Getting help to lift the kart is a task itself..I'm looking to build my own lift
I have some 1 inch square tubing here now but would like to see how everyone else's kart lift is made . And maybe a diagram of how they built theirs. Also would like to stay under $500..considering most new ones are $750...

Youll definitely want bigger
materials in that case. Seems like I have seen blueprints for homemade stands here on Bobs, you might look at the search feature.

I built mine out of 1 1/4" .100 thickness. I wouldn't go any lower than that if you could. At least for the arms. You may get away with using some elsewhere. My buddy used 1" for his but it seems too flexible.

I built mine out of 1 1/4" .100 thickness. I wouldn't go any lower than that if you could. At least for the arms. You may get away with using some elsewhere. My buddy used 1" for his but it seems too flexible.
Do you have pics to give me ideas?. Not looking to copy anyone..

Buy a used one it’s cheaper. I’ve done one but in the end it doesn’t save any money. You use a lot more material than you would think. Then a battery and a winch.

There are some manual options too, esp. in the European sprint scene.
Check this tipping trolley out: https://www.facebook.com/StoneKart/
I thought about making a manual "tipping" stand that just had 2 "y" posts at the rear for the nerf spuds, and a Tee front support with single wheel or narrow front casters. This one looks a bit spindly, but the idea conveys...

1653499881704.png
1653499994407.png

Pics are on the way.... I winged it and built my own last season. I'm actually selling it $400 if anyone is interested. Works perfect, I just have my son helping me now lift on and off of our roll cart. I'm in southern Ohio

Great picture. I built my the same. I used 1 inch 083 works great I have 2 and my grandson champ is 250 lbs and my uas is the same I did burn I cheap winch

If I was you I would go manual, a lot cheaper and dont have to worry bout charging battery,. Just get a boat winch instead of the electric winch
Put electric drill on the handle spline of a boat winch and you have a cheap electric.... We did that on our mower lifts.

Back