Looking to build a stock appearing

Have you seen some of dragminibike heads he has done?
There is only valves and a combustion chamber of like 10cc and makes awesome power...18+ compression
But I am sure,he has his secretes to make a good engine though, and it is for drag racing not kart racing.

There are no secrets, there are combinations, tiny chambers, high compression is not always the right combination.

i'm learning that's for sure! but, with the power for these engines coming from what you can do to the head, wouldn't decreasing the combustion chamber size or smoothing the flow be better than leaving it stock and just replacing the valves? from my stand point, increasing flow by porting and polishing and then dropping the cc's will increase power. without the domed pistons or pistons that have eye brows cut, we are basically limited to a flat top. reshaping the combustion chamber to compensate for this will increase power. now, i understnad that there is such a thing as going too low and getting detonation from pressure (deiseling), but am i missing something here?

and i do remember a movie where one actor was describing basically combustion chamber effects....hold a firecracker in your hand and when it goes off, you get burned. hold a firecracker in your fist, and your momma is going to be opening your ketchup bottles for the rest of your life....meaning, more compression produces more power....within reason that is...

so, if you had a 14cc head and your wanting to build a stock appearing motor, what would you do with it? (not hijacking this thread, but NoftzMotorSports is asking the same kind of question!!)

Have you seen some of dragminibike heads he has done?
There is only valves and a combustion chamber of like 10cc and makes awesome power...18+ compression
But I am sure,he has his secretes to make a good engine though, and it is for drag racing not kart racing.
He use billet heads that flow way more than any clone or honda head could ever. He also has the ability to put even larger valves in a billet head, plus you can get more creative with the port design because there is more metal to take away.

Are you actually cutting the head and installing a oring in it? That's what we did back in the day, (except we oring'ed the block) on our drag engines with a copper gasket.

Yes the block not head sorry, but I think this new motor is tongue and groove kinda(.010 ring off head and groove in block with a copper head gasket) I will ask chris and see. I bought this one from a good friend that was getting out of karting, it's a real beast.

I like the Zombie heads a lot of planning and work goes into them;they produce good torque and horsepower.....good combo......imo

i'm learning that's for sure! but, with the power for these engines coming from what you can do to the head, wouldn't decreasing the combustion chamber size or smoothing the flow be better than leaving it stock and just replacing the valves? from my stand point, increasing flow by porting and polishing and then dropping the cc's will increase power. without the domed pistons or pistons that have eye brows cut, we are basically limited to a flat top. reshaping the combustion chamber to compensate for this will increase power. now, i understnad that there is such a thing as going too low and getting detonation from pressure (deiseling), but am i missing something here?

and i do remember a movie where one actor was describing basically combustion chamber effects....hold a firecracker in your hand and when it goes off, you get burned. hold a firecracker in your fist, and your momma is going to be opening your ketchup bottles for the rest of your life....meaning, more compression produces more power....within reason that is...

so, if you had a 14cc head and your wanting to build a stock appearing motor, what would you do with it? (not hijacking this thread, but NoftzMotorSports is asking the same kind of question!!)[/QUOTE

Yes asking the same thing

Take the head and add big valves to it some unshrouding will need to be done
work on the porting in this head.it will come in around 16cc.
most like the 18 head better because of the flow but the 14 not milled
big valve will be just as good.if your going to stay stock valves with this head
then mill off .040 and get the piston up.other thoughts may vary on all this.
just tossing stuff out nothing is in stone.the other thing is you can also
cut the piston for the valves so they wont hit,cut in valve reliefs in the top.
and then you could go more and use the thinner gaskets.jmo

Back