Looking to build a stock appearing

stock appearing that will last a season or not ? and what is your budget first . becouse you are going hear things from mild to wild .

I have been told it's hard to get the head gasket to seal, and stay well on the 3" bore. Is it true?

Not if you o-ring the head, use copper head gasket, and glue it too. I've never had a problem unless you purge it with 87octane, that's why I always purge with marvels mystery oil only.

Not if you o-ring the head, use copper head gasket, and glue it too. I've never had a problem unless you purge it with 87octane, that's why I always purge with marvels mystery oil only.

Are you actually cutting the head and installing a oring in it? That's what we did back in the day, (except we oring'ed the block) on our drag engines with a copper gasket.

the track he is talking about almost never techs the motors, only weight and age usually, just must be stock appearing, as long as it doesn't sound completely different as the other clones in the class... I ran with the 360 clones with a big pipe and worked carb for three races and they never looked.

stock 212 predator block, wiseco piston/arc billet rod drop in from ARC (zero deck height and no cutting), black mamba or F275 cam, 14 cc head that has been ported and polished/milled 100 tho (maybe weld up the chamber a little), larger stainless valves, champion rockers, chrome moly pushrods, arc adjustable timing flyhweel, pumping fuel thru an ARC S/A or a Dover Power Holy Moses carb, long, big tube header....all depends on how much you want to spend. horsepower costs...

with a 14cc head that has been welded and milled 100 thousandths.you should have about 8ccs.for about 18-20-1 compression ratio So stop by your nearest diesel dealer and pick-up an injector,Because it Will Fire

weld a 14cc head? heck I have to remove material around the valve on a stock 14cc head just to get in unshrouded when bumping up to just a 27mm intake valve.

astrowrench and gamecock...thanks for the input .....I'm not all that knowledgeable on the 14cc head. only going by what others have said that they could do to one. I know about welding up the hemi head, but you can't get that one down to what a 14 cc head is in stock form.

astrowrench and gamecock...thanks for the input .....I'm not all that knowledgeable on the 14cc head. only going by what others have said that they could do to one. I know about welding up the hemi head, but you can't get that one down to what a 14 cc head is in stock form.
wouldn't that kill the flow?

Of course it would; That's why I said why would anybody want to. Remember an engine is a self driven air compressor, and volumetric efficiency is key to it's operation............Think about all the variables!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wouldn't a 27 mm intake valve, good porting job and 18-22 cc chamber be better that cutting the 14 to nothing? no need in closing the chamber too small because you couldn't get enough volume for a good burn.

This is why I have said if you use big valves in a 14 you wont need to mill it
and comes in around 16cc.a little of both worlds jmo.dont get me wrong
I have milled them but only taken .040 off.but not milling and going big
and some good porting goes a long way.

Back