Looking to get a Jr Sportsman Champ

Dewy43212

My son currently races quarter midgets and we are looking to make a change. Looking to get into Jr Sportsman Champs, what should we look for as far as what kind of kart, motor combo? We would more than likely be racing in Northeast PA, such as Shellhammers. If anyone has any information as to rules, or what to look for would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

My son currently races quarter midgets and we are looking to make a change. Looking to get into Jr Sportsman Champs, what should we look for as far as what kind of kart, motor combo? We would more than likely be racing in Northeast PA, such as Shellhammers. If anyone has any information as to rules, or what to look for would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Look at the rule book for the tracks you plan on running for engine/clutch combo. As far as chassis goes look into what chassis has the best support locally. I probably have what you need for sale but I am in Indiana.

My sister has a Jr champ for sale it’s a 2000 Millennium

First question would be age of your driver.
That will determine what car and engine package you should purchase.
If indeed he will be running jr sportsman, that's a smaller cage, shorter wheelbase (40") champ kart.
I happen to have a real nice turn-key Rage jr sportsman champ (with fresh plate animal or flathead) and can deliver it to Carlisle in November if you need.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com