Looking to get some more out of my Predator Hemi

EthanP3

The class I'm in runs Stock air boxes I'm trying to figure out what else I can do to get some more out of my motor.
I currently have:
10.8 springs
Unknown aftermarket cam has same lift as stock but bigger duration(came in old motor)
Removed bottom o ring off idle jet
.31 main jet
8 degree timing key
Governor has been completely removed
Other than that everything is stock.
I've been told hemis like a lower rpm and not alot of gas. I'm considering buying a blueprint .615 carb but don't want to hurt myself in the process.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1621227863598.jpg
    FB_IMG_1621227863598.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 49
  • FB_IMG_1621227866341.jpg
    FB_IMG_1621227866341.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 48
Years ago I had new & used consignment shop. We had matchbooks made (it was that long ago) that said this; "Speed costs, how fast you want to go". Well?

If it was me, I would have an air density gauge, and I would learn how to use it. Air density can change throughout the day, it's high you go fast, when low you go slow, when it's high you need more fuel, when it's low, you need less fuel. 5 points on the air density scale means one whole jet size change. I'd be interested in seeing how you use this information.

As I stated in a previous post that had the same rules , which I am assuming it was your post , your going to get DQ'd for the cam . It clearly states CL1 or CL2 cams ok , no modifications to cams . Since it is not mentioned in the rules , you could experiment with the emulsion tube a little . Best bet would to be calling Dover and talk to them about a carb that would be suited for your build or class that fits the rules .

Back